Season tickets for 2016

I renewed again. However, its not easy to get season ticket holders back once they decide theyre out. All of a sudden they figure out this isnt bad, I can watch TV, not drive 4 hours 1 way etc.........Obviously Iowa went 12-0 last year and will be good this year, but there was a lot of damage done over the previous 4 or 5 years for season ticket sales. Iowa football is in a good place financially, but it might be awhile, if ever, they get their season tickets back where they were 5-6 years ago.

It makes sense in theory. But do you know anyone who actually made the decision to drop season tickets? I hear lots of people talking about it, but not many who actually followed through.

It will just cycle through. Some dropped and come back, but I would guess most might have gotten used to watching on tv and others will come in and be new season ticket holders. I would expect more mini pack stuff across the college world in the future as ticket costs go up. Iowa State and Michigan are basically sell outs with just some singles left. Not sure who ends up buying up that last few of those, maybe scalpers or maybe a friend of the University. The first game just will not be a sell out. Terrible opponent on what typically is a nice weather holiday weekend. Will be interesting to see how full the North Dakota State game is. Youth ticket game which helps fill seats. I would think Northwestern, Wisconsin and Nebraska games will eventually sell out.

Congrats to all that got season tickets this year, for those first timers enjoy everything that tailgating has to offer.Since this will be our first year staying home and watching on tv I'm going to miss the whole Saturday festivities.Its to soon for me to get rid of all of our tailgating gear,have fun.Go Hawks

I gave mine up about 5 years ago. Absolutely loved going and miss it, but quit after being a "part time parent" on the weekends for a season. I kept them the first year my oldest was born and then gave them up the next year because it simply took up too much of my weekend.

Now I've got a 6 year old and a soon to be 2 year old and as much as I miss it I don't think I'll revert back to season tickets for a long while. Simply too much time and money that is now allocated to other things. Like a previous poster said its easier to retain ticket holders then it is to find new ones because priorities change. That said its about time to introduce my oldest to Kinnick on game day. The youngest one's time will be here before I know it.

I gave mine up about 5 years ago. Absolutely loved going and miss it, but quit after being a "part time parent" on the weekends for a season. I kept them the first year my oldest was born and then gave them up the next year because it simply took up too much of my weekend.

Now I've got a 6 year old and a soon to be 2 year old and as much as I miss it I don't think I'll revert back to season tickets for a long while. Simply too much time and money that is now allocated to other things. Like a previous poster said its easier to retain ticket holders then it is to find new ones because priorities change. That said its about time to introduce my oldest to Kinnick on game day. The youngest one's time will be here before I know it.

I'm in the same boat kicker. I used to have season tickets, but canceled them last year. I have a 6 month old at home and my priorities are different. I'll be renewing once my son is old enough to enjoy the games with me though. No doubt about that. I can't wait to take him with me to Kinnick for the first time. Poor little guy doesn't even know what football is at this point, and when that day comes he's probably gonna wonder why the hell his Dad has a tear in his eye when we're walking into the stadium. That's what makes the sport and Hawkeye football so great. He'll understand sooner or later.

Our tickets came yesterday and we're all pretty pumped! Add that to the Kids Day practice on Saturday and these next 3 weeks are going to be long in waiting for the much anticipated 2016 season.

They also have CJB on the "Blackout game" ticket wearing the Blackout jersey from last year, so hopefully they are in a position to do that again this year. Give the current roster & the incoming class 1 more thing to be hyped about

Go Hawks!!

I'm in the same boat kicker. I used to have season tickets, but canceled them last year. I have a 6 month old at home and my priorities are different. I'll be renewing once my son is old enough to enjoy the games with me though. No doubt about that. I can't wait to take him with me to Kinnick for the first time. Poor little guy doesn't even know what football is at this point, and when that day comes he's probably gonna wonder why the hell his Dad has a tear in his eye when we're walking into the stadium. That's what makes the sport and Hawkeye football so great. He'll understand sooner or later.

We are taking our 2 year old to the first game. Got a few extra seats that are in the back row of the south end in the shade and hopefully where he won't annoy anyone but his Mom and Dad. Took him to the spring practice before he turned 2 this spring and he surprisingly paid pretty good attention and when not nothing a good old chocolate malt cup didn't fix. And it is kinda nice that he still wears a diaper so no going to the restroom at bad times. I hope we can make it for the full first half without having to leave but if not we gave it a shot. He mentions it quite a bit about going to see the hawkeyes and wanting to ride the train. I couldn't give up my tickets. We just try to find a sitter or when it gets colder my wife doesn't want to go anyway. No way she was going to Purdue game last year.

Latest posts