Season tickets for 2016

Will renew. Buy two, costs about $1,000. Make a Silver Hawk donation. Drive in a good distance and stay for the weekend...mini vacation. 200 points at this time. I think this will be my 21st consecutive year, though I have had season tickets sporadically since being a grad student in 1968. This is one of my primary hobbies and I take in all of Iowa's away games, as well. All family is up and grown so no real pressures. I sit in the south endzone by choice. Nicer seats, much more legroom, good people around me. Won't move.

Do you bring apples to the game? Weird question...I know.

We aren't renewing ours. With the money we saved not renewing we watched iowa play in Madison, ames, indianapolis and 1 game in iowa city vs minnesota.

I think a lot of people just auto renewed every year and now that we broke that cycle it's not too bad on the other side either and you save thousands.

Although full disclaimer if I lived anywhere near iowa city I would have season tickets every year without question. We live in minnesota...it's tougher.

This.

I live closer to Lincoln and Minneapolis than I do Iowa City (5.5 hours away). Also my best friend lives in Gettysburg so I can usually attend a Maryland/Rutgers/Penn State every other year or so. Turns it into a nice vacation for me and my 9 y.o.

I try to hit 1-2 away games which is easy since Minnesota/Nebraska rotate and I go out east twice a year. Then my kid and I go to 1 non-con home game, and 1 B1G game. Since I don't have season tickets I spend money on awesome seats to the 2 home games.

I did partner up with a buddy for a couple years buying his other season ticket, and I personally have way more fun being 1st or 2nd row behind the Hawks bench for a couple games than I do sitting in the middle of the bleachers for all of them. My son got a kick-*** picture with Tevaun Smith during the Maryland game (right after King's INT) and we're making memories while we can. I figure living this far away and hitting 4 games, twice on the road, is still supporting the Hawks.

So, how will this season affect next year's season ticket sales? Anybody who dropped season tickets last year going to be climbing back on board? The schedule is more attractive with Iowa State, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Nebraska.

Still hoping to hear from individuals who are climbing back on board this year. Also interested to hear from folks who dropped season tickets last year and are not climbing back on board this year. Why not?

Still hoping to hear from individuals who are climbing back on board this year. Also interested to hear from folks who dropped season tickets last year and are not climbing back on board this year. Why not?

Gave up tickets after 11 yrs.,had knee replacement in April seats were in North Endzone,don't think my knee can take the narrow isles.Were going to NYC to see the sites then onto watch the Hawks vs Rutgers.Watch at home on big screen,I'm sure We will miss it but the money we're saving we can afford to go to other venues to watch them play.Wont miss getting up at 4:45am to go tailgating.

Business basics tell us that it's easier to keep a customer than to find new ones. Iowa/AD pissed off a portion of their fan base with the ever increasing ticket prices, musical chairs/priority seating and screwing with the tailgating tradition.
They may never get another season of sold out ticket holders. And it's their own fault.

Anyone notice/remember Barta was at the bottom of the stairs where the Hawkeye train stops, greeting people and thanking them before last year's Pitt game? I think he should walk through the high-roller sections and do the same thing.

Business basics tell us that it's easier to keep a customer than to find new ones. Iowa/AD pissed off a portion of their fan base with the ever increasing ticket prices, musical chairs/priority seating and screwing with the tailgating tradition.
They may never get another season of sold out ticket holders. And it's their own fault.

It makes sense in theory. But do you know anyone who actually made the decision to drop season tickets? I hear lots of people talking about it, but not many who actually followed through.

It makes sense in theory. But do you know anyone who actually made the decision to drop season tickets? I hear lots of people talking about it, but not many who actually followed through.
I know several. Including myself. I dropped mine after 2010. And had lot passes in the RV section right next to Kinnick at $5000 per season.

I know several. Including myself. I dropped mine after 2010. And had lot passes in the RV section right next to Kinnick at $5000 per season.

OK, that was you in 2010. Do you know anyone personally who quit after 2014? Have they renewed for this year?

OK, that was you in 2010. Do you know anyone personally who quit after 2014? Have they renewed for this year?
I wasn't referring to "after 2014" as the catalyst for lack of season ticket sales. It's almost always a cumulative effect that drives long time customers away. 1 bad season did not cause the problem. That was the final straw for a lot of fans but the bleeding began before that.

We didn't fully renew, but we did buy the 3 game pack (Miami, ISU, Nebraska) and I have tickets to the @Minnesota game. I'll go to Indy again if they make it there...it was a great time last year.

Does anyone know when we can expect to get the actual season tickets from the UI Ticket Office? 1st time season ticket holder along with my family and we were curious.

Thanks in advance!

Did not renew last year after many years of tickets for many reasons including disappointing play. 4 kids and now grand kids so last year bought tickets to Pitt game for everyone to come home and attend. Camped and tailgated at the campground for September and October with the money I saved. Loved it. Michigan tickets for this year. Do not anticipate returning to season ticket holder status. Go Hawks!

Does anyone know when we can expect to get the actual season tickets from the UI Ticket Office? 1st time season ticket holder along with my family and we were curious.

Thanks in advance!

Probably a few weeks ahead of the first game. Can't remember exactly when, but will be August obviously and its 2 to 3 weeks ahead of the first game.

Did not renew last year after many years of tickets for many reasons including disappointing play. 4 kids and now grand kids so last year bought tickets to Pitt game for everyone to come home and attend. Camped and tailgated at the campground for September and October with the money I saved. Loved it. Michigan tickets for this year. Do not anticipate returning to season ticket holder status. Go Hawks!

Youth tickets for Nebraska game. I picked up some at that price for that one. A lot could be on the line and kids don't care how cold it is.

Latest posts