Season Tickets Buy or not need details

fstrfam

Currently decisions need to be made by May 31 on buying season tickets and making the necessary donations. Information is sketchy on what happens if no season or shorter season. Will refunds of both tickets and donations be made. Can this May 31 deadline be extended. Rob I wondered if you could seek more info from your sources on this. Many people who buy tickets are hurting financially and need answers before committing And I have had difficulty in getting answers to thesequestions

University of South Carolina is saying if the season is cancelled or games are played without fans, donations and tickets will be rolled into 2021 or refunded if desired. I'd assume every school has to do the same. Everyone I know with Clemson and SC tickets is renewing under the assumption that they'll get value eventually. The schools are telling people if they don't renew, they will lose their priority and seats, and I assume that will be the same everywhere. If you have 48 yard line seats that you have built up 26 years of priority to get into, it seems like it would be foolish to give that up, but on the other hand, if you are in year 2 of some terrible end zone seats, I'd have no problem telling the school you're out.

The mobile season tickets are by far the best deal for the dollar anyway. It's not even a question.

Good questions by the initial poster. Iowa determines area seating according to annual donations to the I-Club. I've already made my annual I-Club donation, which I only do to get the seats I want at Kinnick. I haven't yet renewed by season tickets tho. My guess is the I-Club donations that have been made up to this point will not be returned for any reason. Am guessing the season ticket costs will be returned or a pro-rated return provided in case of an altered season. But it would be nice to hear this from UI officials before making decisions. And if the season is played in the spring of 2021, would the donation I made in March 2020 be good for that season, or would an I-Club donation made in the spring of 2021 be good for both the spring and fall 2021 seasons?

My guess would be that based on the financial implications that universities would face if they cancelled their seasons I would think that any money they receive would be carried over to the next season and I assume athletic departments would put refunding tickets as an absolute last resort.

University of South Carolina is saying if the season is cancelled or games are played without fans, donations and tickets will be rolled into 2021 or refunded if desired. I'd assume every school has to do the same. Everyone I know with Clemson and SC tickets is renewing under the assumption that they'll get value eventually. The schools are telling people if they don't renew, they will lose their priority and seats, and I assume that will be the same everywhere. If you have 48 yard line seats that you have built up 26 years of priority to get into, it seems like it would be foolish to give that up, but on the other hand, if you are in year 2 of some terrible end zone seats, I'd have no problem telling the school you're out.

In this scenario, what happens to my seats if I take the refund. Do I lose the opportunity to renew them for the following year?

What I'd want to know is if they'd be prorated for an abbreviated season. If I paid full price and only got like 2 home games I'd be kinda pissed.

What I'd want to know is if they'd be prorated for an abbreviated season. If I paid full price and only got like 2 home games I'd be kinda pissed.

They'd prorate the ticket price, but probably not the donations. What if they started the season in February and then The Germ ran through again and they had to cancel so you got two home games in February? Guh, I'd be salty about that.

Gary will sweeten the pot so anyone who already paid will be incentivized to roll it into next year rather than returning funds. Don't want to be having to send cash back at this point in time.

The most logical plan seems to be a rollover if the season is cancelled, or played without fans. Season ticket holders could then retain their earned priority. If a fan wants a refund, I would think they would sacrifice priority. This would be ok with me, since I have in effect already spent the money, though my reward would be delayed.

It is not really apples to apples, but the two fishing camps I go to annually in Ontario require me to allow them to keep this year’s deposit to ensure my spot for next season. In both cases, I would not get back into those camps on our preferred dates if we allow reservations to lapse. That is also true for our annual pheasant hunt in SD.

Gary will sweeten the pot so anyone who already paid will be incentivized to roll it into next year rather than returning funds. Don't want to be having to send cash back at this point in time.
Every family of 5 that buys tickets get a free hot dog the first game of the year. But only one. Per family.

Latest posts