Season Ticket Wait

Couldnt they have just given you La M, Tenn Tech? Im assuming you picked Pitt

Funny. Not making fun of you. I'm hesitant to say this, as someone will jump my crap about season ticket holders, and donor feeling "entitled". Blah, blah blah.

The U of I gives NOTHING away. Absolutely NOTHING.

I'll go further, the athletic department loses money. Except everytime a fb schlorship (however that is spelled) is given, the athletic department pays back the U. And the U makes money on increased enrollment (which it does at a greater percentage after a winning major sport season).

So, the tickets, the points, etc, it's all a game. A really big game.

I've sat in the President's box. I'd rather sit on the 25, where my tix are at. I bet half the people up there didn't even watch the game

It is like politics. Very ugly how the sausage is made.

So I'm a business guy right? To pay the kind of money we are paying for ticket and donations, from which 100% of the coaches bloated salary comes out of, and not expect more from a coach, is not only reasonable, it is business.

Please note I said to not expect more out of folks making between $250K and $3.7MM. I didn't mention, or say athletes. They are trying their hardest each and every week.

OK, now I'm gonna get jumped. But before you do, think the business of this through first.

You got guys on this board who can't afford, or can't get enough points to attend games (myself included if I didn't buy in bulk, with a season ticket holder for over 50 years).

To not expect more from the paid staff, strikes me as wrong.

And yes I'm frustrated. And yes, I'll drive to the game this weekend. Strangely, scalping tickets at an away game is much less expensive than my 30 minute drive to Kinnick. Quite frankly, get to know a long time season ticket holder. They can get you tix, for every game at face. The real fans deserve this more than the bankers upstairs, that don't even watch the game.

Slight correction. At the spring game, they grill chicken breasts, burgers and brats for us.

Couldnt they have just given you La M, Tenn Tech? Im assuming you picked Pitt

wanted to and after the game wish i could have, but i had stuff going on that prevented me from being in IC for that game. instead i got drenched at the Tenn. Tech game.

deff. made the right choice in going to the Northwestern game.

Latest posts