Season Ticket Wait

Hey guys...just curious to know the deal on obtaining season tickets...Does it work off a proirity point system or a waiting list and if so how long? Any info would be great...Go Hawks!

What season ticket wait? You mean to Iowa Football? There were openings last year and this year. But to answer your question money talks. If you want to sit between the 10-30 yard lines you have to donate about $200 a seat. closer to the 40 and 50 yr lines it might be $400 to $600 a seat. $50 a seat down around the 10 to the back of the endzone. rest of seats toward endzones you do not have to donate. Yes priority is a part of it. I am an alumnus who has been buying season tickets for 30 years. I get points for being an alum and the length of time I have been buying tickets. I was at the 40 yard line until the massive donation campaign kicked in a few years back and now I am at the goal line (I am not donating $400-600 a seat).

Iowa has had season tickets for sale the past couple of years and after this year and looking at next year there will be more season tickets available.

What season ticket wait? You mean to Iowa Football? There were openings last year and this year. But to answer your question money talks. If you want to sit between the 10-30 yard lines you have to donate about $200 a seat. closer to the 40 and 50 yr lines it might be $400 to $600 a seat. $50 a seat down around the 10 to the back of the endzone. rest of seats toward endzones you do not have to donate. Yes priority is a part of it. I am an alumnus who has been buying season tickets for 30 years. I get points for being an alum and the length of time I have been buying tickets. I was at the 40 yard line until the massive donation campaign kicked in a few years back and now I am at the goal line (I am not donating $400-600 a seat).

Iowa has had season tickets for sale the past couple of years and after this year and looking at next year there will be more season tickets available.

False. There were season ticket requests denied the last 2 years. New customers and existing season ticket holders that were looking to add seats were turned down.

And with Nebraska on the home schedule next year, I would expect more of the same.

False. There were season ticket requests denied the last 2 years. New customers and existing season ticket holders that were looking to add seats were turned down.

And with Nebraska on the home schedule next year, I would expect more of the same.

I think the demand will be down but that doesn't mean the season tickets won't be sold out again or close to it.

I did not take into account the Nebraska game next year. More people will be going for season tickets to lock up that game.

One question, if season ticket requests were denied then why the heck were there 3,000 tickets available for Tenn Tech and Lou Monroe. If the whole stadium is sold out with season tickets there would not be single seat tickets available. just wondering.

I think the demand will be down but that doesn't mean the season tickets won't be sold out again or close to it.

Demand will be larger than the supply. That is all that matters for the OP unless he is planning to donate a large amount of money.

I did not take into account the Nebraska game next year. More people will be going for season tickets to lock up that game.

One question, if season ticket requests were denied then why the heck were there 3,000 tickets available for Tenn Tech and Lou Monroe. If the whole stadium is sold out with season tickets there would not be single seat tickets available. just wondering.

Probably because Tenn Tech and ULM came nowhere close to selling their alotted tickets that all visiting teams get.

Might be vistor tickets the other team couldn't sell.
Or hawkeye village type tickets.

The visitor allotment probably does explain this. If the one poster was denied then they were sold out. I know some people bought in last year which was sold out because of expectations and the great home schedule.

They always keep single game tickets. First available to donors, and then for the general public.

So, yeah, I'm a donor (moved from teh 50 to the 20 after the greed campaign), and I purchased 4 single game tickets for the Michigan game. I got first priority before they went on sale to the public. All 4 seats were on the 40-50 on the east side.

Better than my season tix. Go figure. And I get a KC parking pass.

Every game, 3,000 tickets are given to the opponents to sell for their fans.
If those schools can't sell all the tickets, they are returned back to Iowa 10 days before the game. So 10 days before the game date, if you see tickets available in sections 101,102,109,110, then those are the seats returned.
Tennessee Tech and ULM returned over 2500! Matter of fact, every game this year the visiting school returned tickets. Including Michigan.

Also, the Hawkeyes set aside 1,000 tickets to every game for Bravo Sports Marketing. These are the guys who organize the Hawkeye Village and group tickets. They raise the ticket prices to upwards of $100 a ticket but it includes a 3 hour tailgate before the game with great food. If Bravo Sports can't sell all of their tickets, then they are given back to the University and anyone can purchase the game ticket for face value.

Also, the homecoming game, quite a few tickets are reserved for alumni who come back for homecoming. If that allotment isn't sold, then they release those tickets to the general public.

And finally, the Hawks try to give everyone who signed up for season tickets(and denied) a 2-3 game package. Usually it will include 2 non conference games and 1 big 10 game.

So before the season starts, the Hawks issued a press release saying every game is sold out. However, that doesn't mean they won't release tickets. Because every game this year, you could have bought tickets from their website for face value. You just have to look at the right time.

And again it was probably because the visitor didn't sell their allotment of tickets and returned them.

That is possible, even likely, But it is also true, the U of I keeps single game tix for every home, and away game available, first to donors, and if any left to the general public.

I know it. We buy a total of 16 tickets, 2 for myself, one club seat, and then 13 for folks who haven't acquired the correct amount of "points" to buy their own seats. The U of I e-mails us before every game, letting us know there are tix available. Every game since 1999, when I first began attending games. If they don't sell these, they make them available to the public via their web-site.

Even when they say there are no tix available, they always have some for the really big donors. many of the boxes are only 1/2 to 3/4 full, including the several boxes that the U keeps for themselves (Presidents box, several Board of Regents, U of I Foundation, etc).

When we has tOSU for Game Day several years back, we rec'd an e-mail, late Friday saying "no more tix". This was the only time they were really completely out in my experience. But they had tix available, predicated on level of donation, until Friday afternoon, long after they first indicated no more tix available.

So yes, you can almost always get tickets at face, and when I get tix for folks, I do it at face for them. It is less of a hassle now that they e-mail you printable tix, but it is a hassle.

I used to get that three-pack they offered but they didn't offer it this year, and i think even the year before. sucks, i really liked getting three...

I used to get that three-pack they offered but they didn't offer it this year, and i think even the year before. sucks, i really liked getting three...

They offered the mini-plan this year. You had to request season tickets, and be put on the waiting list.
Everyone on the "waiting list" received the 2-3 game package.

I applied for the first time this year. was denied full season tix, but was offered a 2 game mini package. was my choice of Tenn. Tech, ULM, Pitt. and my choice of Indiana and Northwestern. and counted as having actually purchased season tickets for the point system.

I applied for the first time this year. was denied full season tix, but was offered a 2 game mini package. was my choice of Tenn. Tech, ULM, Pitt. and my choice of Indiana and Northwestern. and counted as having actually purchased season tickets for the point system.

Couldnt they have just given you La M, Tenn Tech? Im assuming you picked Pitt

Latest posts