Season on the Brink

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
The Hawkeyes lost 32-31 to Central Michigan on Saturday, a stunning defeat at the hands of an inferior opponent. This season is now on the brink.

More...

But were a developmental program and shouldn't expect any better. When you look back at the history of Iowa football, historically........*throws up*

It isn't on a brink, it is over. As I said before, Iowa is a 23 yard run away from being 1-3 with 2 losses to MAC teams. The easiest part of their schedule is over and they are lucky to be 2-2.

Or is it PROGRAM on the brink?

Hasn't the program been on the brink for about 2 years? When is it going to get off of the brink? Come to think of it, what is a "brink"?
definition:
a. The upper edge of a steep or vertical slope: the brink of a cliff.

And the teflon head coach will continue to whistle merrily all the way to the freakin' bank, absolutely free from worry about accountability and job loss.
W. T. F.

I would like just once for someone from the media to call out KF on these three year down cycles and ask him what he is going to do differently next time to avoid such a downturn?

But, I won't hold my breath.

I'm not really angry anymore either - but its not maturity - its that I'm used to losing every other game.

That is much much WORSE

Hasn't the program been on the brink for about 2 years? When is it going to get off of the brink? Come to think of it, what is a "brink"?
definition:
a. The upper edge of a steep or vertical slope: the brink of a cliff.

They reached the brink after the 2010 season. I know a lot of you expected more from that season, but you should have been a little more cognizant of the losses after the 2009 season. 2010 was an 8 win season when Iowa had to start a walk on 5th year senior at guard for a number of game at the end of the season. They were not yet over the brink. But, at the edge. Rhabdo and graduation pushed them over.

Season gone. Time to start to developing for 2013 my guess is KF's seat will be a little toasty next year he will probably need a 8+ season just to change the vibe of the program.

Not convinced they are inferior.

Either way, we have a problem. Harsh reality of the situation. Question is, are we just really that bad now, or are we simply continuing to get beaten by lesser opponents? Frankly, I think it's a bit of both at this point. The 2010 team had a ton of talent, but still managed to lose to Minnesota and Northwestern.

Latest posts