Sean Miller caught bribing Ayton on wire tap

FBI wiretaps intercepted telephone conversations between Arizona coach Sean Miller and Christian Dawkins, a key figure in the FBI's investigation into college basketball corruption, in which Miller discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman Deandre Ayton signed with the Wildcats, sources familiar with the government's evidence told ESPN.

According to people with knowledge of the FBI investigation, Miller and Dawkins, a runner working for ASM Sports agent Andy Miller, had multiple conversations about Ayton. When Dawkins asked Miller if he should work with assistant coach Emanuel "Book" Richardson to finalize their agreement, Miller told Dawkins he should deal directly with him when it came to money, the sources said.

The telephone calls between Miller and Dawkins were among 3,000 hours of conversations intercepted from Dawkins' phone by the FBI.

Ayton, a 7-foot-1 center, who was born in the Bahamas, is considered one of the top freshmen in the country and a leading candidate for national player of the year honors. He is averaging 19.6 points and 10.9 rebounds in what is expected to be his only college season, helping the No. 14 Wildcats take a 1 1/2-game lead in the Pac-12 standings with three regular-season games to play.

I found Sean Miller's defense. He wasn't offering him A hundred grand in cash...it was all a misunderstanding

100-grand-snack-size-candy-bars-127198.jpg

Arizona plays at Oregon today. Miller was with the players and other coaches in Eugene late last night, according to reports. Will be interesting to see if he’s on the bench coaching today. I have my doubts.

Also, will the player at the center of the allegations — Ayton — be allowed to play?

If Bill Walton has this game, will the allegations ever hit the read sector of his warped hard drive of a brain?

Arizona plays at Oregon today. Miller was with the players and other coaches in Eugene late last night, according to reports. Will be interesting to see if he’s on the bench coaching today. I have my doubts.

Also, will the player at the center of the allegations — Ayton — be allowed to play?

If Bill Walton has this game, will the allegations ever hit the read sector of his warped hard drive of a brain?

He'll probably talk about smoking weed and other incoherent ramblings about back in the day when players got even bigger/better benefits.

The Times established that Gilbert, during Wooden's heyday, helped players get cars, clothes, airline tickets and scalpers' prices for UCLA season tickets. Gilbert allegedly even arranged abortions for players' girlfriends.

The dark side of the UCLA basketball dynasty