Sean Henderson on Iowa

It will be interesting to see how involved this guy is in his son's career over the next few years

I have seen acts like this before...and typically they end up with kids that either don't pan out or transfer.

Screw him and his dad. They obviously just want to create as much as a frenzy as possible. No way thats the only reason Kirk shut it down with him. He knew his dad was milking the process for all its worth to appease his own ego. Mark my words now, if this kid doesn't start next year he transfers.

Good riddance...wow this guys is like Jeff ChristensenX1000000000.

Remember the last recruit we had whose father gave insight all of the time??? Yup Jeff talkin about you!

"SH: No, we’ll be doing it on TV."
"Iowa eliminated themselves when they found out that they couldn’t be our 5th official visit. I thought that was a poor choice on their part, but it just makes it a little easier on us."

" I think they’re too concerned with how people will view them in the media, and maybe what they read in the paper and on websites"

-Let me tell you right now Sean Henderson...Kirk Ferentz and his staff are one of the LEAST worried staffs about what they may or may not see on TV or the internet. WOW. The more I hear about you the more I think Captain Kirk made the right call...Now if you want to talk about a program that is worried about how they are perceived try....

"GH: Did they make a huge cut-out of Seantrel?
SH: They had a cutout of Seantrel in a Gophers’ uniform, and stuff like that. It was nice."
Wow minny really? Stooping to cardboard cutouts of kids, way not to embarrass yourself.

Good riddance and I hope you commit to OSU...Mr. Clayborn will introduce you to Big Ten football in a hurry next year at Kinnick.

I like how everyone is like "This guy is way overhyped and his attitude doesn't fit the Hawkeye program...he's probably will be horrible anyway"

If he was coming to Iowa you would be saying exactly the opposite. I honestly hope he does great and makes a career in college and the NFL. He's got a lot of potential and can become a great player

I like how everyone is like "This guy is way overhyped and his attitude doesn't fit the Hawkeye program...he's probably will be horrible anyway"

If he was coming to Iowa you would be saying exactly the opposite. I honestly hope he does great and makes a career in college and the NFL. He's got a lot of potential and can become a great player

i dont question his talent, no doubt he is a stud. However, i will trust Kirk, if he backed off he did it for a reason.

At first I would have loved to have had this kid. Even though he wasn't making Iowa an official visit I was still excited were in contention. But over the last the last two months his antics didn't seem to fit the prototype of what KF seeks out in a player.

I'm inclined to agree with Jon that this kid could be more hype than its worth. I'm starting to see some arrogance that I think would have caused issues at Iowa. I'm still dissapointed we weren't able to get him, but I think this was the right call by KF.

No, I wouldn't.
Yes, he does have a lot of potential.
So did Jake.....

his dad is a deusche..like Jake's. I hope Seantrel grows a pair someday and stands up to him otherwise he will mess things up in the NFL also if he makes it that far

I thought that was a poor choice on their part, but it just makes it a little easier on us."

I think that what he was trying to say was that Iowa was a serious contender, even though we didnt get an "Official" visit. Like he said the only thing different would have been Iowa paying for thier hotel. He also mentioned, "It just makes it a little easier on us." I also take that as Iowa was a serious contender.
With that said, i do think that there is more to the story other than us pulling away because we didnt get an offer. Maybe there was something fishy going on maybe there isn't, but all of you are acting like you wouldnt take this kid if he ended up saying he wanted to commit to iowa, because his dad is so involved with his recruitment, well if you want to really be at the level of Osu, USC, Florida, and Oklahoma year in and year out, then we're going to have to start putting up with stuff like this all the time. We are talking about the #1 rated player in the country who has the opportunity to play anywhere he wants for the next 3-4 years of his life. Of course it's going to take a while to come to a decision and of course his family is going to be involved in this matter to a high extent, that is what comes with the territory of recruiting these high profile kids.

I actually wish SEANTREL nothing but the best, from everything I've read from him, he seems like a really nice kid. He had some really good things to say about the Iowa program when he was at the Army All American Bowl.

His dad seems a bit off...I'll leave it at that.

You gotta love when the dad is always speaking for the kid and it seems like the kid has no say and never gets to say what he wants to say. It seems to me that Sean is going to try to live through his kid as much as he can.

I think that what he was trying to say was that Iowa was a serious contender, even though we didnt get an "Official" visit.

No official visit should have told us everything we needed to know. Their feelings are hurt because KF would let them play Iowa like they are playing every other school on his prospective list simply for attention and ego.

I agree there is likely more to this story than we will ever know.

I don't blame his dad for wanting to help seantral in this process. I'm a dad and I would want to BE THERE for my kids too. But you help him, advise him, BE THERE for him from the shadows, not right up front taking the spotlight. He worked his tail off to get to this point, let him enjoy a little bit of the limelight and take a back seat and offer your wisdom and love. IMO his dad is a tool.

My feeling is that KF didnt think we had a real chance to land him and he wanted to spend his recruiting time the best he could. Simple as that. No conspiracy. No bribe demanded. No request for family jobs or houses. Coach didnt want to waste his time.

My feeling is that KF didnt think we had a real chance to land him and he wanted to spend his recruiting time the best he could. Simple as that. No conspiracy. No bribe demanded. No request for family jobs or houses. Coach didnt want to waste his time.

I'll buy that.

I think there might be an attitude issue within the Henderson family, too. Kirk's been down that path before and it had a negative effect on the program. This business about announcing his choice without first letting the coaches know just isn't right, in my opinion.

Latest posts