SDSU Thoughts

BryceC

I haven't seen them this year yet but I did watch them several times last year. They are coached by former longtime ISU assistant TJ Otzelberger, who was a finalist for the position at ISU when Prohm was hired, so I've followed them a bit.

Last year they didn't have a whole lot of athletic ability in the backcourt. They definitely have a really good post in Daum, who can step out and shoot 3's as well as being crafty around the basket. If he gets on from 3 or really plays well they can be a tough team to beat. I don't think they have much after him though. IMO this is definitely a game they should win. They also have Tellinghuisen, who is a guard from Sac City. Really the whole team is Daum though, and if Iowa can get him into foul trouble they are in serious trouble.

Not really concerned with the opponent. More concerned with Iowa. Sometimes this team just comes out flat as can be, like they aren't interested in playing basketball. Might be a product of having so many young guys. Chemistry just isn't there yet.

I hope it's not because we are poor defensively and have no lateral quickness or desire to rebound.:(

Not really concerned with the opponent. More concerned with Iowa. Sometimes this team just comes out flat as can be, like they aren't interested in playing basketball. Might be a product of having so many young guys. Chemistry just isn't there yet.

I hope it's not because we are poor defensively and have no lateral quickness or desire to rebound.:(

Or, for gosh sakes, they are in the Caymans. Too damn much time on the beach.

I remember they made the NCAA tournament last year because they beat Omaha in their conference tournament title game. I remember really wanting Omaha to win that game so Iowa could say "hey they made the tournament so its not THAT bad that we lost to them".

Looking at their box score from yesterday they shot 37% from the field...which is the same as Iowa shot. Must be something in the water down there.