SDSU Jackrabbits beat Iowa

HawkPrdatr40

Iowa- 69 SDSU- 79

Might have to revise my prediction for the season.

Turnovers will be the difference in this one.

It's going to take time folks.

Last edited:
Just have to start getting talent in the program. There isn't much to work with for Fran. And not having Gatens obviously hurts

They looked really flat. Couldn't close out on anybody, no hands in the face of shooters. Alot of turnovers, missed layups, missed free throws! The two jackrabbit back court guys had really good games. Some good things to improve on, but this was sort of expected!

The freshman this year are great players...just ask the crowd that says recruiting rankings don't mean anything.

They looked really flat. Couldn't close out on anybody, no hands in the face of shooters. Alot of turnovers, missed layups, missed free throws! The two jackrabbit back court guys had really good games. Some good things to improve on, but this was sort of expected!

Not being mean but there is no way they were flat for this game. First game of the year. If they look flat is because there isn't much athletic talent on the team.

Fran needs to start bringing in some players

Couldn't finish around the room. Couldn't take care of the basketball in traffic. Couldn't recognize shooters, and zero awareness of the backdoor cut.

0 fast break points. 0 dunks.

So we've established the low point. This season's going to be about trying to improve every game. Gatens will help a LOT.

I still enjoyed watching the game. I was happy to see a pulse, and they had stretches where they were really moving the ball, cutting, and getting open looks. The last 5-6 minutes of each half, though, were wretched.

has a team ever not won any games in mens basketball? Well i predict iowa makes history and will not win one game all year. They are not very good. can't shoot the ball. they play out of control. And when they needed to putting up 3s with the clock melting down, they played to go inside for 2, burning up clock. No leadership on the floor. I am afraid even the return of gatens will not improve this team.

i would have expected more then 5000 fans at the game for the start of the new era. Now after this display today, they will be lucky to ever top todays mark.

Vegas clearly has no clue about Iowa Hawkeye basketball. They probably still think Dr.Tom is the coach.

Not being mean but there is no way they were flat for this game. First game of the year. If they look flat is because there isn't much athletic talent on the team.

Fran needs to start bringing in some players

Not being able to close out on any shooter, giving up a lot of fast break and easy passes to the bucket means they were flat on their feet!! Still showed a lot of potential!

As a Sioux Falls native, I know a lot about SDSU, they are a team on the rise. They have a great Basketball program; Mens and woman's

I agree that it is going to take some time! However SDSU couldn't miss. Even at times when the Hawks were playing good Defense they were Veteran team that had tremendous shooters. Can not take that away from them.

Latest posts