Scranton Times-Tribune Legends Division Preview

"Freshman orientation: RB Rodney Coe. The Hawkeyes have sophomore Marcus Coker back, but Coe is a four-star recruit, but Coe is a huge back with pretty good speed. He could easily see time early."

That's just mis-informed ideas all around. Iowa killed MSU last year and they have games against Nebby this year. I'd say that's the big schedule game. The Coe thing is just sad. The not finishing games the last 2 years and using the 2 games we lost in 2009 as an example is just plain foolish.

"Filling the void: QB James Vandenberg. The junior quarterback saw some action in 2009 and didn't play well"

I disagree completely, That kid rocked us into to OT... I'm never gonna put him down.

I don't really blame a local sports guy for missing the mark a little bit. I'm sure Iowa football isn't high up on his readers' priority lists. Its just kind of funny to read these previews sometimes.

Newsflash: upstate New York sportswriter who probably covers every beat for the local rag knows less about the Iowa football team than Iowa football fans

Newsflash: upstate New York sportswriter who probably covers every beat for the local rag knows less about the Iowa football team than Iowa football fans

I don't see how upstate New York sportswriters have anything to do with what we're talking about.:rolleyes:

Latest posts