Scouting Preview: Iowa vs Penn St

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Iowa and Penn State are both 2-0 in Big Ten play but someone will go home with a loss on Saturday. Who will it be? HawkeyeGameFilm breaks it down.

More...

Wow what a breakdown gamefilm!

Gamefilm's analyses are always thought-provoking and the man can flat out write. This is obviously going to come off as a back-handed compliment (of the "your backhand is really good for a woman" type) but I will say it -- the fact that he played D1 ball amplifies the impressiveness of his writing.

I'm a bit less confident Vandenberg will break out of his slump against a good Penn State defense. At this point doing a serviceable job would help a lot though. After this game, Iowa plays much weaker defenses. I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Iowa's offense snap out of it's slumber next week.

I'm a bit less confident Vandenberg will break out of his slump against a good Penn State defense. At this point doing a serviceable job would help a lot though. After this game, Iowa plays much weaker defenses. I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Iowa's offense snap out of it's slumber next week.
Iowa will need to because we play teams that will be scoring points.

ESPN By Adam Rittenberg and Brian Bennett | ESPN.com

PENN STATE at IOWA

Adam Rittenberg: History is working against Penn State, which doesn't play well at Kinnick Stadium. But this is a new team with a new offense, and the Lions will get over the hump in Iowa City behind Matt McGloin and his receiving corps. Iowa will have a hard time running on Penn State, with or without Mark Weisman, and I haven't seen enough from the Hawkeyes' passing game to suggest they'll attack the Lions enough. McGloin fires two touchdown passes and linebacker Michael Mauti has another big night as Penn State wins its fifth straight -- and its first in Kinnick since 1999. ... Penn State 21, Iowa 17

Big Ten predictions: Week 8 - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

Latest posts