Scout.com Midseason Review (Hitchens and Meyer)

rjhindm

Scout.com: Midseason Review & All-America Teams

2012 CFN All-Midseason Offense
QB – Braxton Miller, Soph. Ohio State
RB – Kenjon Barner, Sr. Oregon
RB – Stefphon Jefferson, Jr. Nevada
WR – Stedman Bailey, Jr. West Virginia
WR – Terrance Williams, Sr. Baylor
TE - Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Soph. UW
OL – D.J. Fluker, Jr. Alabama
OL - Luke Joeckel, Jr. Texas A&M
OL - Barrett Jones, Sr. Alabama
OL - Taylor Lewan, Jr. Michigan
OL - Lane Taylor, Sr. Oklahoma State
PK – Mike Meyer, Jr. Iowa
KR – Dri Archer, Jr. Kent State

2012 CFN All-Midseason Defense
DL – Star Lotulelei, Jr. Utah
DL – Damontre Moore, Sr. Texas A&M
DL – Stephon Tuitt, Soph. Notre Dame
DL – Jesse Williams, Sr. Alabama
LB - Khaseem Greene, Sr. Rutgers
LB – Anthony Hitchens, Jr. Iowa
LB – Manti Te’o, Sr. Notre Dame
DB – Matt Elam, Jr. Florida
DB – T.J. McDonald, Sr. USC
DB – Dee Milliner, Jr. Alabama
DB – Johnnie Simon, Jr. WMU
P – Kyle Christy, Sr. Florida
PR – Marcus Murphy, Soph. Missouri

Also Hitchens is listed as a Top Ten over all player...

If he keeps this up what are the chances he goes into the draft? He's starting to really get the national recognition and injuries can happen at anytime... Don't want to think about it because I would love to see him at Iowa for another year but after seeing this it just popped into my mind.

Talking about Anthony Hitchens BTW

If he keeps this up what are the chances he goes into the draft? He's starting to really get the national recognition and injuries can happen at anytime... Don't want to think about it because I would love to see him at Iowa for another year but after seeing this it just popped into my mind.

Talking about Anthony Hitchens BTW

I don't see that happening.

Hitchens is a great story,but still very green at the lb position after converting from safety.
I love that we will have our entire lb corp back next year intact...could be one of our best lb units ever.

Amazing to see that Iowa has 2 AA players on the list despite the abysmal w-l record at this point. Future looks decent as long as we keep improving. I also suspect that a lot of 3rd team guys are on that list just because they didn't want to fill the entire 2-deeps with Alabama.

Also impressed to see UM has a OL in there, another challenge for the Iowa DL. tOSU, Mich, and Iowa only B1G represented.

Last edited:
Amazing to see that Iowa has 2 AA players on the list despite the abysmal w-l record at this point. Future looks decent as long as we keep improving. I also suspect that a lot of 3rd team guys are on that list just because they didn't want to fill the entire 2-deeps with Alabama.

Also impressed to see UM has a OL in there, another challenge for the Iowa DL. tOSU, Mich, and Iowa only B1G represented.

"Abysmal" record? Most folks HAD us pegged at 4-2/5-1. What they did NOT see was a loss to CMU OR a win AT Michigan State.

Agree on Alabama thought, though. My friend (a Badger fan) said, "Alabama's second team would win the B1g!". I countered with, "No, but they WOULD win the Legends..."

Abysmal? WTF?

Abysmal? WTF?

When the losses are to ISU, CMU, adjectives like abysmal are warranted.

In any case, I was trying to actually portray things in a positive light. They picked 2 AA from Iowa despite its record, usually multiple picks are made from powerhouses with gaudy records. It demonstrates the national respect for this program if nothing else.

In any case, I was trying to actually portray things in a positive light. They picked 2 AA from Iowa despite its record, usually multiple picks are made from powerhouses with gaudy records. It demonstrates the national respect for this program if nothing else.

Warranted maybe when talking about loses to the teams that we lost to. Not when talking over all records. Regardless of who those losses were to, 4-2 at this point and 2-0 in conference play isn't a negative. Maybe our play has been abysmal but with what people thought this team was capable of early on this season the records been a positive. I agree though not the programs that we should lose to.

No one hate losing to ISU more then me....however they are a top 25 team. No excuse for CMU...

Last I checked, and as much as I dislike ISU, they are ranked in the top 25 in the first BCS poll and actually have been playing pretty well. Maybe that loss was not what you think...CMU on the other hand...

oops...did not see previous post in time

Latest posts