Scott just got frosted

We need to start an on-line petition for saving Frost's job. No man, even our own coaches have brought more joy the Iowa fan base. I'll pour a 40 oz for him when he goes.

$15 million parting gift for this body of work.

Among Big Ten schools, only Rutgers had a worse overall record than the Huskers in their four-plus seasons under Frost.

SCHOOLRECORDWIN PCT.
Rutgers13-35.271
Nebraska16-31.340
Illinois19-29.396
Maryland19-25.432
-- ESPN Stats & Information

$15 million parting gift for this body of work.

Among Big Ten schools, only Rutgers had a worse overall record than the Huskers in their four-plus seasons under Frost.

SCHOOLRECORDWIN PCT.
Rutgers13-35.271
Nebraska16-31.340
Illinois19-29.396
Maryland19-25.432
-- ESPN Stats & Information

Assuming the salary numbers from this site are correct

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/scott-frost-fired-nebraska-contract-buyout/

The total Nebraska has paid for Frost, in base salary and buyouts is (millions):
3 to buyout UCF ( = 3 )
5 / yr 2018-2021 ( = 20 )
4 2022 (assume prorated x 9/12 = 3 )
15 buyout ( = 15)
===
$41 million for those 16 wins. 38 to Frost, plus whatever incentives and other perks.

Good work if you can get it!

Even for Nebraska, it seems colossally stupid to not wait three more games and save $7.5 million. If only to deny Frost the extra money. No doubt he is thrilled to be fired now rather than in three weeks.

Even for Nebraska, it seems colossally stupid to not wait three more games and save $7.5 million. If only to deny Frost the extra money. No doubt he is thrilled to be fired now rather than in three weeks.
Makes Nebraska look cheap and I’m pretty sure they had donors lining up willing to help pay it.

Makes Nebraska look cheap and I’m pretty sure they had donors lining up willing to help pay it.

So after tolerating his poor performance and bad behavior for 4+ unproductive years, Nebraska athletics is suddenly willing to pay this dirtbag loser an additional $7.5 million to expedite his firing by three weeks.
Classic!

So after tolerating his poor performance and bad behavior for 4+ unproductive years, Nebraska athletics is suddenly willing to pay this dirtbag loser an additional $7.5 million to expedite his firing by three weeks.
Classic!

Wow, I didn't realize you cared so much for Nebraska football. Honestly I really don't give a shit, it's not my money it's not Iowa's money let them pay $100 million for all I care.

Wow, I didn't realize you cared so much for Nebraska football. Honestly I really don't give a shit, it's not my money it's not Iowa's money let them pay $100 million for all I care.
You're missing the point.
I dont care about Nebraska football. If they want to squander their resources in this way it is their business.
I just dont like dbag Frost getting an extra $7.5 million out of the debacle.

You're missing the point.
I dont care about Nebraska football. If they want to squander their resources in this way it is their business.
I just dont like dbag Frost getting an extra $7.5 million out of the debacle.

Why do you hate Frost so much? He turned our rival into crap, I'm debating on sending him a Thank You card.

I think Nebraska looks worse, and very cheap, if they had waited to fire Frost on October 1st. Doesn't send a good message to the next coach and they have 2 games between now and October 1st. Again, I'm sure after that embarrassing loss to Georgia Southern they had donors lining up to help pay for the buyout.

Don Patterson stated he heard that one single donor came forward with the 7.5 to get rid of Frost now not later. Belief being that he thought Frost might still win a few games and they might still keep him around which he wasn't going to tolerate it appears. Call it a rumor but I could believe it.

As far as next coach..........wouldn't be surprised at all if Meyer becomes a candidate and shows interest. He may bring some luggage with him but considering the position the NE program is in I think most NE followers wouldn't care as his college record is elite. I would be surprised if Campbell becomes interested.

Don Patterson stated he heard that one single donor came forward with the 7.5 to get rid of Frost now not later. Belief being that he thought Frost might still win a few games and they might still keep him around which he wasn't going to tolerate it appears. Call it a rumor but I could believe it.
That's not just plausible, that's probable. Guys worth 9 figures who probably have several million invsted in the program already don't give two shits about $7.5 million.

1) It's chump change to them in the grand scheme of things, and

2) What a lot of people don't realize or understand is this is an ego thing for a lot of these people. When you're ultra rich what is there left to do or prove? It's a huge ego pumper to be able to say to the rest of your buddies something to the effect of, "I told Trev, 'F it. we're getting rid of him now. Who do I write the check to?'"

I mean, we sit around all day wishing we could be the one to get rid of Brain, how cool would it be to be able to afford to write a check to get rid of him and still be mega rich afterwards? How's that for some shit to be able to brag about? "I was the alpha male who put my foot down and got rid of his ass, I didn't care how much it cost."

That's how these guys think.

Anyone know if they've got BF's agent on speed dial. He'd be a great addition to Nebraska and follow perfectly in Frosty's footsteps.

Latest posts