Scott Frost

loesshillshawk

I have been somewhat vocal when they first hired Scott that he could potentially hurt Iowa. I have since changed my mind in a big way. I do believe he will fit in perfectly at Nebraska he is about as arrogant as they come. His halftime and postgame interview in the Peach Bowl gives you an idea of who and what he is about HIMSELF. Anyone who takes a job at a P5 University and spends more time coaching his old team is SELFISH...he wanted the ME TIME of the bowl game. His contract at Nebraska required him to be giving 110% to the University of Nebraska. Now he is going to get a National Championship bonus from UCF...he should say no and move on. Hell why is UCF going to do it in the first place? Let's be honest UCF caught Auburn thinking this was going to be easy, and they did not want to be there. His system will not work at Nebraska...they want blackshirts on defense...Scott and his D coordinator will not recruit a 5-2 Monster type player that use to terrorize the Big 2. His offense will not fly in the B1G, and even if it does it will take him 2 to 3 years to re-tool a roster to fit his style of play. What happens when it takes him 4 years to get to 8 wins...melt down in LINCOLN.

UCF gave up 36.5 PPG vs a weak conference. Their defense gave up 429 YPG, more importantly 160 Rushing YPG...what will the B1G West get per game? Feel free to pile on...

Remember where young Mr. Frost started his Collegiate Career...Husker faithful seem to forget he spurned Mr. Davis.
oct-1993-scott-frost-of-the-stanford-cardinal-in-action-during-a-game-picture-id1781881

I couldn't be more on the opposite end than you are regarding Frost decision to stay and coach the bowl game. I find it very unselfish. Sure, he could've left the team and focus on everything Nebraska but he has plenty of time for that. I admire his decision because I don't think it had anything to do w/ whatever bonus he was going to get..........and quite frankly I think he deserves to get the bonus even if he would have chosen not to coach the bowl game. Could you tell me what UCF's record was 2 years ago? As far as how well he's going to do in the B10, I'm not sure but definitely looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Could you tell me what UCF's record was 2 years ago?
2010 10-3 AP #21
2011 5-7
2012 10-4
2013 12-1 #10
2014 9-4
2015 0-12
enter Frost
2016 6-7
2017 13-0

He "resurrected" them from their ONE bad year.

On a side note, Frost's "National Championship" bonus is $200k.

KF got $500k for getting Iowa to 8 wins. Frost needs a new agent! (or, needs to work for GB, I guess)

Dude. He was literally flying back and forth to finish recruiting with Neb and get back to his players at UCF for practice working a ridiculous amount of hours on very little sleep and through illness. His postgame interview at the Peach Bowl he literally said it was all about the UCF players and what they accomplished.

It’s early but this has to be in the running for worst post of the year. FAIL

2010 10-3 AP #21
2011 5-7
2012 10-4
2013 12-1 #10
2014 9-4
2015 0-12
enter Frost
2016 6-7
2017 13-0

KF got $500k for getting Iowa to 8 wins. Frost needs a new agent! (or, needs to work for GB, I guess)
Yeah, but Kirk gets more bonus$ cuz he's a nice guy. Frost must not be so friendly.

Frost was a good dude for coaching his team in the bowl. He owed it to his kids.

That being said, Nebraska is a shit sandwich and he’s not going to fix that tire fire.

I unfortunately think you are engaging in a bunch of wishful thinking. Dooshes though they are, Fusker fans will be more patient with him because of who he is. He obviously has a lot of energy and offensive players will want to play in his system. I don't know how their D will actually turn out, but the Riley softness will be eliminated.

I am worried, damn it.

Dude. He was literally flying back and forth to finish recruiting with Neb and get back to his players at UCF for practice working a ridiculous amount of hours on very little sleep and through illness. His postgame interview at the Peach Bowl he literally said it was all about the UCF players and what they accomplished.

It’s early but this has to be in the running for worst post of the year. FAIL
You are making 3rd highest salary in the B1G he was getting updates via text messages...and faxes...give me a break DUDE.

Frost will do well at Nebraska. At least they strive to be more than mediocre/irrelevant. Wish we could say the same here at Iowa.

2010 10-3 AP #21
2011 5-7
2012 10-4
2013 12-1 #10
2014 9-4
2015 0-12
enter Frost
2016 6-7
2017 13-0

Folks fail to mention UCFs record '12-'14. Yes, what he did this year is impressive, but unless he was playing all Fr, rsFr, So, and transfers...those were existing recruits.

That qb, like CJ did for us, made a Lot of difference.

Dont get me wrong, it's the best hire, "fit" nebby could hope for, and I think he will improve their team, culture right away. I simply don't believe he's bringing them back to anything more than an above avg/good program. It'll be interesting.

I unfortunately think you are engaging in a bunch of wishful thinking. Dooshes though they are, Fusker fans will be more patient with him because of who he is. He obviously has a lot of energy and offensive players will want to play in his system. I don't know how their D will actually turn out, but the Riley softness will be eliminated.

I am worried, damn it.

I am a little. They'll be better.

I am worried, damn it.

I'm not necessarily worried, but the easy wins with Nebby are over once he gets his system a running. He's one of the hottest young coaches out there and kids will be drawn to that. Whether he can develop that talent or not is a question to be answered. The more sane fans of Big Red will give him time to get going; remembering that even St. Tom with all the inherent advantages of his day-playing in the Big 8, scholarship numbers well over 100, a walk-on program second to none among other things still took more than several seasons to reach the top. He'll be able to challenge Wisky for the division after a time. Problem is no other school is standing pat, even lil old Iowa. I don't see the winner of the West being undefeated before the conference championship. It's going to be a dog fight now, even for Wisky and even Frost & Co. Will that be good enough for them?

When he gets that UCF style defense installed and in full gear, it'll be an improvement over this year's Nebby defense. In fact, UCF's national championship team's defense allowed a whopping 7 yards per game fewer than Nebby's Crimson Curtain defense did this year. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

That is one weird take on him having stayed to coach UCF in the bowl... How that makes Frost selfish is beyond me but whatever. Nebraska obviously was ok with it so what's it matter? As far as how well he'll do at Nebraska I think it's anyones guess. I think they'll recruit a lot better then what Riley had been and that's a start. Can he overhaul that D which is currently pitiful? That might take a little while but not impossible. Offensively he can obviously coach that and with a mobile QB (which he was able to get one pretty much right away) and a receiver or two he should be able to turn that around faster. Just depending. Yet it's not just that simple either. Time will tell

It might work out for him, but I'm going to bet that Lovie Smith will have more wins at Illinois in his 5 years than Frost will have in his 5 years.

It might work out for him, but I'm going to bet that Lovie Smith will have more wins at Illinois in his 5 years than Frost will have in his 5 years.
well since Lovie is not the coach at Illinois anymore did Lovie even make it 5 years. Lovie is the coach of the Houston Texans now.

well since Lovie is not the coach at Illinois anymore did Lovie even make it 5 years. Lovie is the coach of the Houston Texans now.

I think that's the joke...both of these guys are gone. I will let someone else look up and post the wins, but Lovie did make a bowl.