Schwartz: Iowa Hoops Sees Slide Amid Success Story

You don't even have to look outside of the BIG conference to find a worse basketball program! And a HC that took over that program and more than doubled the number of wins in his first season.
Steve Pikiell @ Rutgers!
Rutgers 10 year record before Pikiell got there in 2016-17.
10-19
11-20
11-21
15-17
15-17
14-18
15-16
12-21
10-22
7-25
Pikiell's first season @ Rutgers 15-17.
Iowa basketball 10 years before Fran got here?
23-12
19-16
17-14
16-13
21-12
25-9
17-14
13-19
15-16
10-22
Fran's first year at Iowa? 11-20

Those years under Lick dug us into that category. When Fran took over, we were probably in the bottom 3 as far as what shape we were in. Im not sure why you're arguing semantics on that statement instead of answering the question.

Those years under Lick dug us into that category. When Fran took over, we were probably in the bottom 3 as far as what shape we were in. Im not sure why you're arguing semantics on that statement instead of answering the question.
Our record wasn't even as bad as Rutgers, over the 10 years before Fran got here. How can you not understand that? I provided the records for each season. They have been in way worse shape than we have! Need I mention Northwestern???? Yeah...THAT Northwestern! The program that has been to 1 NCAA tournament in their entire history of fielding a basketball team!
You should just stop with this line of bullshit, right now. I've already given you 2 programs that were and are worse than Iowa was when Fran took over. And both are in the BIG conference.

Our record wasn't even as bad as Rutgers, over the 10 years before Fran got here. How can you not understand that? I provided the records for each season. They have been in way worse shape than we have! Need I mention Northwestern???? Yeah...THAT Northwestern! The program that has been to 1 NCAA tournament in their entire history of fielding a basketball team!
You should just stop with this line of bullshit, right now. I've already given you 2 programs that were and are worse than Iowa was when Fran took over. And both are in the BIG conference.

10 years is a long timeframe. Who the hell cares where we were 10 years before Fran got here? Are you arguing that Fran should have done better in his first 2 years because we were decent 10 years earlier. And Rutgers is also one of the worst programs in the nation, so showing similar stats with them helps prove my point.

So you will hold it against Rutger's coach that he didn't make the tourney his first year?

10 years is a long timeframe. Who the hell cares where we were 10 years before Fran got here? Are you arguing that Fran should have done better in his first 2 years because we were decent 10 years earlier. And Rutgers is also one of the worst programs in the nation, so showing similar stats with them helps prove my point.
No. I'm arguing that Fran took over Iowa at a time when Rutgers was WORSE. That's what I'm arguing. Every basketball fan knows I'm telling the truth about that. It only seemed like we were the worst program on the planet. But we weren't. And the funny thing is, the man responsible for hiring the man that you feel plunged us into the depths of Hades, is still in charge and many fans are making excuses for that cretin!

You don't even have to look outside of the BIG conference to find a worse basketball program! And a HC that took over that program and more than doubled the number of wins in his first season.
Steve Pikiell @ Rutgers!
Rutgers 10 year record before Pikiell got there in 2016-17.
10-19
11-20
11-21
15-17
15-17
14-18
15-16
12-21
10-22
7-25
Pikiell's first season @ Rutgers 15-17.
Iowa basketball 10 years before Fran got here?
23-12
19-16
17-14
16-13
21-12
25-9
17-14
13-19
15-16
10-22
Fran's first year at Iowa? 11-20

Wave the white flag @PCHawk

Wave the white flag @PCHawk

Lol wave the flag because he found one team that can be argued was worse. Maybe when I say "the worst" I was wrong because it was only the 3rd worst or the 5th worst. Who cares at that point?

My original point was Fran deserves a pass for the first couple years because we were really, really bad. Then he gets to argue we weren't the absolute worst because there was another program that was maybe a tiny bit worse. Does he expect me to say "I guess I was wrong and Fran didn't deserve a pass because of Rutgers"?

I knew this post was yours before I even looked because you're the only one on here that is dumb enough to think lightning got me.

And just to clarify, when I say you're the only one dumb enough, there might actually be another example or two of stupidity out there. One other idiot won't change my premise that you are incredibly dumb.

Latest posts