Schwartz: Bleak Outlook for Hawkeyes in Ames

My two cents, If we're going to sit back and worry if we can beat an improved clown team that is still picked to be a big 12 bottom feeder than we just must accept that we are no better than Purdue, Indiana and Rutgers and in no way can we compete with Wisc, Nw and Nebraska for a shot at the West title. My god what are we going to do when they become middle of the pack big 12 team if ever they do? If we lose it will be because we pi**ed down our leg in typical Iowa fashion shown in the past in these games not because they were the better team! I'm not doing it, Screw it boys and girls we're winning Saturday! End of conversation!

I think the real big game is next week against North Texas. I had done my own W and L on the schedule this year, except I scratched off the Iowa State game as "bleak" and "don't care", and marked the North Texas week as The Big One.

I just find it interesting that the management here "gets" tired of negative comments and yet put this out. It was purely click bait.

Not sure how anyone can say the Wyoming has a good defense. Maybe they do.

Iowa State and UNI are both unknowns.

I still ask the question, why is Iowa's offense often so crappy so early in the season? (I say this with a sense of optimism. My theory is that the O is so bent on trying to be perfect that there is little room for back ups to practice but I really don't know. Also a lot of time is spent on basic fundamentals that don't simulate real action. Disagree all you want, but the lack of offensive continuity is a perpetual problem early on.

We get tired of the posters who spew the same negative comments in multiple threads over and over and over again. Like Rhabdo, for instance.

I like the give and take, the back and forth, some people take it to extremes for sure....but.....i am always curious about the "fans" that whine ALL THE TIME. lol Go make your own forum and live the dream of misery. Its ok to be critical, i am at times, but celebrate the Hawks too while youre at it.

I like the give and take, the back and forth, some people take it to extremes for sure....but.....i am always curious about the "fans" that whine ALL THE TIME. lol Go make your own forum and live the dream of misery. Its ok to be critical, i am at times, but celebrate the Hawks too while youre at it.

^^^^ Lack of self-awareness post of the year.

We get tired of the posters who spew the same negative comments in multiple threads over and over and over again. Like Rhabdo, for instance.

Oh, you mean like not following up on why over 10 players leave the program who had it happen and not heard from again... like a former Hawkeye feel good article right?

Maybe KF will get a new award this time about the broadcaster. Maybe the Award for Dealing with the TV Announcers. :)

You know that Inquiring Minds want to know these things.

I just find it interesting that the management here "gets" tired of negative comments and yet put this out. It was purely click bait.

Not sure how anyone can say the Wyoming has a good defense. Maybe they do.

Iowa State and UNI are both unknowns.

I still ask the question, why is Iowa's offense often so crappy so early in the season?
(I say this with a sense of optimism. My theory is that the O is so bent on trying to be perfect that there is little room for back ups to practice but I really don't know. Also a lot of time is spent on basic fundamentals that don't simulate real action. Disagree all you want, but the lack of offensive continuity is a perpetual problem early on.

I've wondered this for years. It keeps me awake in the off season. Just amazing.

My conclusion: Iowa practices 5 plays over and over and over and over again. The players lose interest, its no fun, Iowa Groundhog day, Of course that's not true but It amuses me to write it. The real reason that Iowa's offense isn't that good early in the season is because of talent.

Gotta be honest, i don't get the pundits this week having a doom and gloom attitude for Iowa against ISU. I really don't get it. Iowas defense will get back one of their starting corners after a dominating defensive performance against a 1st round QB last week. They get their Rimington watch list Center back, and the other guys shift back to normal spots for this weekends game as well. ISU for the 80th consecutive year can't defend the run. They have a good QB and 3 really really good wr's. Their oline is atrocious and we have 3 pretty good corners. Between the pass rush and the corners, i just honestly don't get the ISU love in this one. I think Iowa will roll them. They will score a td, maybe two, but Iowa should be able to pound them into submission. 28-10, something like that, with Iowa dominating more on the field then they did the scoreboard.

Schwartz is a bit of a "scwhartz" if you ask me. In his latest prediction, he digs at Hawkeye fans who panned the awful article, in particular the choice of headline. Hey moron, we weren't questioning that this has the ability to be a close game and Iowa going on the road with a new QB is daunting. We were questioning your choice of words and what those words mean.

Wyoming is horrible you are wrong. In two weeks Oregon will put 60 on them. The turnovers were an inexperienced qb out of his element.
As for the ISU game, another 8 completion game and we will lose.
Hey DD, do you still think Wyomings D is good? It's only 42-10 at the half.

Wyoming was not a bad team.

Defensively, they looked like they played assignment ball pretty well. Wadley and Butler never broke them. Wadley had a good game but only was allowed one Wadley-esque run.

They caused four turnovers. The long TDs they gave up to Fant and Easley were because of the plan to stuff the run and to dare Iowa to pass.
Alternative facts but you weren't the one questioning my Oregon prediction apparently I have had one too many apple crowns.