Schwartz article on Season ticket drop

Yup yup. I've always wondered as I go to games (and I don't go to many one or two a yr tops) How there are so many people that are able & willing to pony up the amount of money they do all season long to tailgate the way they do and attend the games with their suites and high priced seats... I mean more power to them if I could I would. I just think it's getting to be too rich for most peoples budgets. The school can try and make things more tailgate friendly and that type of stuff but if your trying to sell a product that isn't that good their going to have to lower their prices or people will find other ways to spend their time and money...

I think the price is too high for the product on the field. I and other friends talk about how boring the games were last year. 2013 was such a nice uptick compared to 2012 and it was a fun defense to watch. those 7 home games for me is like a vacation spread out over several months and I dont spend a lot of money on other trips. But I am now that I have grandkids in other states.

But there is still a lot of money out there for people to buy tickets. Unemployment in Iowa was lower than the nation the past 7 years. I think people are balking more at the per seat donation that is mandatory.

Start scoring more points with exciting plays and the fans will come back.

By my math, if you sell 8000 fewer season tickets that is about $3M in lost revenue. Isn't the buyout $3M per year? If Ferentz has another poor season, he might really be on the hot seat.

If he does not win at least 8 games with this schedule, he will be gone. My guess is they negotiate a something so the he can "step down" and leave with a little dignity.

Dang that just sucks.... It'll be interesting the closer to the season how many end up buying them or not... And if Iowa struggles early on how many stay home as the season goes on... I sure don't want to see that but what other way do fans have to be heard? It's all about the money.... It just sucks that the program will have to take a few more steps back before being able to get on track...

I never should have come to this. That ******* contract was the undoing of the football program.

Latest posts