Schwartz: 10 Sentences From The Rutgers Loss

I praised his last article, I should have stopped there. Shouldn't each sentence make a point? TK is right they were just 10 run-on sentences, that could have been one paragraph.

I to agree as well the 10 sentences thing is pretty pointless. I've got a couple words that better describe what went down

apalling
pathetic
surrender
normal (for a Fran team)
uninspired
directionless
declining
un-athletic
un-nerving
unwatchable

Can I start writing for Hawkeye Nation Rob?

At this point in the season Rutgers is simply a better bball team than Iowa. The Rutgers players knew it 2 weeks ago when they lost on a buzzer-beater, which is why they felt confident predicting victory in Iowa City then. Love their defense & rebounding, and when they make shots they can beat anybody...ie gave Sparty a good game at the beginning of the BTen season. Iowa is now a 9 seed, and may end up a 10 before all said and done.

I praised his last article, I should have stopped there. Shouldn't each sentence make a point? TK is right they were just 10 run-on sentences, that could have been one paragraph.
Each sentence should make a separate point. Adding numbers to paragraphs is lame.

Is the BTT mandatory? At this point I’d rather take our lumps in Madison and Lincoln, then call it a season.

No BTT. No Dance. The players obviously have quit. As a fan, I do, too.

Is the BTT mandatory? At this point I’d rather take our lumps in Madison and Lincoln, then call it a season.

No BTT. No Dance. The players obviously have quit. As a fan, I do, too.
They should forfeit the last 2 games and BTT. Hire Tony Robbins to come in and pump them up for a couple of weeks and then enter the NCAA tourney rejuvenated. Nobody has tried this, Fran can be an innovator.

We are locked in at 6 for the BTT...not officially but realistically. I would guess 8/9 for NCAA...equal as far as I’m concerned. I think we have to win 4 more games to get back to a 6. Win 2 more and we likely get to play a 1 seed on Saturday or Sunday of NCAA.

Side Note - I will never wish a loss on Iowa. And I’m not now. But we could drop to an 11 with 3 more losses. Barring a big upset we have to be 6 or 11 to finally make the Sweet 16 IMO.

The BTT wipes the slate clean for everyone. Most people...including me...expect a wild and competitive tournament with upsets.

But I am starting to think this may not be the case. The top 6 will be looking to improve NCAA seeding. They all should refocus and be ready. The bottom half of the conference may get a dose of reality in Chicago. We shall see.

The BTT wipes the slate clean for everyone. Most people...including me...expect a wild and competitive tournament with upsets.

But I am starting to think this may not be the case. The top 6 will be looking to improve NCAA seeding. They all should refocus and be ready. The bottom half of the conference may get a dose of reality in Chicago. We shall see.

I'm really looking forward to watching the BTT next week. I agree that the top 6 want to improve their seeding. Maybe they really flex their muscles a bit. Hopefully the 6th seed does anyway and wins a few. Don't really give a damn about the others winning.

But Ohio St and Minnesota are on the bubble and desperate for a win. Ohio St will probably have Rutgers and Minnesota vs Illinois will be a good game to start off Thursday.

Indiana and Illinois can beat anybody and will go into that tournament thinking they can win it and get to the NCAA. 2 very dangerous teams here and Indiana looks to be Iowa's Thursday opponent.

PSU and Rutgers can play with anybody but I'm not sure they have the horses to make a run. Rutgers could be in a good spot at the 10 seed with Ohio St potentially without one of their top players. PSU will win Wednesday and probably give Maryland more than they want Thursday.

Northwestern and Nebraska. Sorry you're in over head this year boys.

At this point in the season Rutgers is simply a better bball team than Iowa. The Rutgers players knew it 2 weeks ago when they lost on a buzzer-beater, which is why they felt confident predicting victory in Iowa City then. Love their defense & rebounding, and when they make shots they can beat anybody...ie gave Sparty a good game at the beginning of the BTen season. Iowa is now a 9 seed, and may end up a 10 before all said and done.
If they lose the last two road games and their first game in the tourney, an 11th seed play in game is more likely.

Latest posts