Schlabach's predictions for bowls

I have not watched Stanford this year,but why are they getting a pass for losing soundly to a NW team we beat the **** out of. MSU was very fortunate to win our game,they got every break.

I've watched many of their last 6-7 games. It will be a very tough test for the defense, especially if Hogan is on his game throwing.

Iowa's offense absolutely needs to be able to move the ball, be balanced and effective running and passing, and likely needs to put up 28+.

The nw game was a massive outlier and Hogan had a very poor game. Also, they weren't using McCaffrey like they did after that game.

Hawks can absolutely win. And Stanfords defense is not as good nebby's or msu's, but it is solid. But their offense, at least on the ground, is better than both.

Hawks need to play well and likely need to be even or win the turnover battle. Special teams will be important.

No it wasn't. Not only did he talk up the Hawks on the radio, he did on TV as well.

Agree to disagree. He was just be an contrarian. The majority of the national media was crushing Iowa so he goes the other way. Ryen Russillo(his radio partner) would be killing Iowa about how they got "lucky" against Wisconsin or they did not play anyone good from the B1G East. His only response was: "they are good team, they have good chemistry, they play as a team" then he would giggle like a little school girl.

I thought all of his SEC picks were pretty reasonable except for Georgia over PSU. Georgia's offense was bad already, and now their head coach and coordinators are already gone. PSU might shut them out completely.

According to Rittenberg, Vegas mostly agrees with you (they favor every SEC team but Florida vs. Mich). ESPN's FPI predictor favors all 10 of the SEC teams in their Bowl matchup. I am starting to think their may be some bias involved in the inputs of their algorithm.

From Rittenberg's article:

Conference with most at stake: SEC. An underwhelming bowl performance last season (7-5 overall but 2-5 by ranked teams) preceded a rough regular season this fall. The SEC has only one top-10 team and arguably the weakest division (East) among Power 5 conferences. Alabama can end the SEC's brief national title drought, but a stronger overall showing is key as FPI favors all 10 SEC teams in their bowl matchups (Las Vegas favors all but Florida). If the SEC stumbles again, its incessant claim of being the nation's top conference will ring hollow entering next season.

Agree to disagree. He was just be an contrarian. The majority of the national media was crushing Iowa so he goes the other way. Ryen Russillo(his radio partner) would be killing Iowa about how they got "lucky" against Wisconsin or they did not play anyone good from the B1G East. His only response was: "they are good team, they have good chemistry, they play as a team" then he would giggle like a little school girl.

No, that's just not true.

Penn St. may be the most overrated team in all of college sports....not only this year but over the last 20 years

Latest posts