Scherff is average

He wasn't even average today. It was embarrassing watching that little punk push him back every freakin plan. Maryland is awful, and we couldn't play against their 3rd string QB.

scherff... seriously he probably isn't perfect... but out of all the problems this team has.

to bring him up is pretty comical.

He wasn't even average today. It was embarrassing watching that little punk push him back every freakin plan. Maryland is awful, and we couldn't play against their 3rd string QB.

Tom Farniok is the greatest O-lineman ever.

Schreff is a tough and nasty run blocker but his pass blocking skills are showing to be suspect. This is not the first game we have seen this.

I hate it because he is a great Hawk and someone I really enjoy watching but I think that playing tackle in the pro's might make him a 'bust' candidate. I really think he will make his money at guard not tackle in the pros for just what we saw again today.

The OP's point was made poorly but what he is trying to say is he is shocked that the number 1 o-lineman candidate in the country would have struggled like he did again today. That is a fact. He was also not alone with struggles.

Scherff will be a first round pick but he shouldn't be. Sorry but he's looked bad in other games too and tell me who we've played again with a stellar d-line? You can't get beat like a drum all day by a 250lb. also-ran who won't sniff the NFL and be a first or second rounder for that matter. He's looked slow all year and he has been dominant in 1 game...UNI. If you want to see what a first round o-lineman is supposed to look like, check tape on one Robert Gallery.

Scherff was not as bad today as everyone thinks. There were times today that his pass blocking look bad because Jake didn't step up in the pocket allowing outside pressure to get to him. Also Jake tends to hold the ball too long which allows the pressure to look worse than it is.

Scherff was not as bad today as everyone thinks. There were times today that his pass blocking look bad because Jake didn't step up in the pocket allowing outside pressure to get to him. Also Jake tends to hold the ball too long which allows the pressure to look worse than it is.

I agree that Jake is bad but I am not sure what game you are watching because he whiffed, was beat off the edge and was shoved back into the QB by a 250 LB among other bad plays. Again, he was not alone in really poor play but his poor play was so noticeable that the commentators picked up on it.

I don't think Scherff is mean enough to be the world beater he's made out to be, but he is undoubtedly our best lineman, and has far more great games than bad games like today.

He will make a solid NFLer.

I agree that Jake is bad but I am not sure what game you are watching because he whiffed, was beat off the edge and was shoved back into the QB by a 250 LB among other bad plays. Again, he was not alone in really poor play but his poor play was so noticeable that the commentators picked up on it.

You talk like he was beat on every play. Yes he was beat on a couple of plays and that is what you are focusing on. One play where Scherff was beat to the outside, all Jake had to do was step up in the pocket. Was Scherff at his best today. No, one bad game doesn't make someone horrible. It was just compounded because so many guys didn't play well.

Also funny how people on this thread are giving all the love to Gallery, and I think he was a great lineman for Iowa, but wasn't he an NFL bust?

You talk like he was beat on every play. Yes he was beat on a couple of plays and that is what you are focusing on. One play where Scherff was beat to the outside, all Jake had to do was step up in the pocket. Was Scherff at his best today. No, one bad game doesn't make someone horrible. It was just compounded because so many guys didn't play well.

Also funny how people on this thread are giving all the love to Gallery, and I think he was a great lineman for Iowa, but wasn't he an NFL bust?

Yeah he started over 100 games in the NFL...what a bust. Drafting some guy with the second pick and he starts for the equivalent of 7 years. Stop now please.

Scherff was not as bad today as everyone thinks. There were times today that his pass blocking look bad because Jake didn't step up in the pocket allowing outside pressure to get to him.
This is true. A couple of plays the only pressure was from the left side and the rest of the line held a solid pocket. Not only did he not step into the pocket, a couple of times he turned right into the pressure.

I am not saying he should be on the bench at all. What I am saying is he was less than stellar today and this was not the first time this season. He struggles in pass protection.

I am just a fan but I truly suspect he will be a bust in the pros if he is a drafted early as a tackle. He is a run blocking guard.

Keep in mind he is supposed to be the NUMBER 1 offensive lineman in the country not just a good player. NUMBER 1. Does his play today look like that? What do you think is going to happen in the pros where the talent off the edge is bigger, stronger and faster than anything he has played against this year.

Again he was not alone in poor play but this post is about evaluating his performance which was not good in the pass protection game. Run blocking was great as usual.

He is not anywhere near where Gallery was in college. Not even close.

I don't think anyone was measuring against Gallery. To be compared to Robert Gallery is lofty praise. I likened him more to Bulaga. Sorry, I wasn't going to post for awhile. I have to stop reading in order to stop posting.

Yeah he started over 100 games in the NFL...what a bust. Drafting some guy with the second pick and he starts for the equivalent of 7 years. Stop now please.

And how many All-Pro seasons did he have? I loved Gallery, but to say that Scherff is average is ridiculous. If you are a second round pick and never make All-Pro that is a bust in the NFL. He will be a first round pick and make millions.

Our left guard (can't think of name right now) was getting beat a lot today and Scherff sometimes had to try and help and that also hurt him today a bit. Not saying he played well, but there were some other factors along with JR holding the ball forever. Also he isn't perfect. I'm guessing whichever OT gets drafted first will probably miss some blocks and have a bad game or two this year.

Also, the pass blocking? Who didn't know that wasn't his strong suit? Scherff has even said he needs to work on it.

Just let people vent Jon... we don't need your high and almighty attitude at the moment. We have been held captive by captain conservative for too long. People can't take it anymore and are breaking down.

Seriously? People are breaking down over how a bunch of kids
play a game? You people are seriously in need of professional help.

Latest posts