Scheel

NCHawker

Did Scheel get any playing time this year? any at all ? any snaps. I never saw him. I thought he'd play and contribute. And maybe even star.

Every wide receiver who sign with the Hawks has to wear some kind of "cloak of invisibility" for a couple years. Like what that other guy from WHAM, not George Michael but the other guy, has been wearing.

Every wide receiver who sign with the Hawks has to wear some kind of "cloak of invisibility" for a couple years. Like what that other guy from WHAM, not George Michael but the other guy, has been wearing.

He saw limited playing time, but he wasn't all the way back from his injury issues. I'll be very interested in seeing what spring practice looks like for him, he should be close to all the way back by now. He, and the other receivers, to me will be the X-factor next season. if a couple of them step up to make defenses respect them, the offense and the team in general will have a much higher ceiling.

Nice Andrew Ridgeley reference. Seriously. Well done.

I think you're being sarcastic, but just in case your not, KMM and Vandy both played significantly as freshman, just to name a recent few. There has to be a need and you have to earn it, but it's not unheard of at Iowa.

I think you're being sarcastic, but just in case your not, KMM and Vandy both played significantly as freshman, just to name a recent few. There has to be a need and you have to earn it, but it's not unheard of at Iowa.

Not to mention Jerminic Smith just this season.

We need to let that one guy back on the forum so he can tell us how great that one kid was who transferred to a Juco in Texas and will be at Texas Tech next season.

We need to let that one guy back on the forum so he can tell us how great that one kid was who transferred to a Juco in Texas and will be at Texas Tech next season.

Derrick Willies? I wouldn't be poking fun at how good he is. He was a JUCO All-American last year, so yes, he is very good. Far better than anyone we trot out there at receiver. He'll be playing on Sunday's. We could use his talent here since we don't have a receiver that can consistently get separation.

Derrick Willies? I wouldn't be poking fun at how good he is. He was a JUCO All-American last year, so yes, he is very good. Far better than anyone we trot out there at receiver. He'll be playing on Sunday's. We could use his talent here since we don't have a receiver that can consistently get separation.

He chose to leave. He was good and talented....likely would have started and helped a ton this year, but he quit. I don't care how talented he was.

I'll choose the guys that didn't quit. And are Hawkeyes.

Big fish/small pond. Wegher looked like Walter Payton and Barry Sanders had a love child when he played at Morningside.

Willies is playing against defenders who by and large could never even make a D1 team.

Big fish/small pond. Wegher looked like Walter Payton and Barry Sanders had a love child when he played at Morningside.

Willies is playing against defenders who by and large could never even make a D1 team.

Yea ... 1-loss Carolina is a puddle.:rolleyes:

What part of Wegher being in a small pond at Morningside did you not understand?

I clearly understand Morningside is a "small pond", NAIA is about as small as you get. I'm not quite sure you understand the phrase.

Generally, when someone says, "big fish, small pond" the implication is that the guy isn't really as good as his stats / honors because he's playing lesser competition. It also implies he would fail against the big boys.

I get you trying to apply the phrase to Willies. In your opinion, he's succeeding because he's playing against a bunch of JuCo talent, not because he's actually a D-1 talent. Of course, this is only your opinion (many would disagree) but we won't know for sure for a couple years. Wegher made an NFL roster. Not just a roster but the roster of one of the best NFL teams. He really is that good. The phrase doesn't apply.

Hope this helps your future use of idioms and cliches.:cool:

Latest posts