Scheduling Question for the Future

In getting the program going in the right direction, I don't mind the soft schedule to get some wins under the belt. It feels good to win again. It's not a long term solution, but it makes sense when they were basically starting over. As the team improves over time, so will the schedule - at least I would like to see that happen.

In getting the program going in the right direction, I don't mind the soft schedule to get some wins under the belt. It feels good to win again. It's not a long term solution, but it makes sense when they were basically starting over. As the team improves over time, so will the schedule - at least I would like to see that happen.

Even if that soft schedule costs B1G wins? Won't be any sneaking up on teams this year. The lack of road games (almost complete lack), will cost in the long run.

I agree, however those same games were played during the Lickliter years Iowa lost many of them. So I am happy to watch them win now. Plus it allows the guys who need experience to really work on their skills in a live game experience I believe is better for the team and the that individual player.

That's all well and good, but it didn't make the games this season any more tolerable to watch.

Point is the schedule is really tame. It is not that likely the B1G will get 7 in and 6 is not a shoe in. MSU, UM, UW, IL, IND, OSU, MN. That is 7 right there. Likely there will be a log jam around 4 - 6 or 7.

Sorry analysis is beyond your capability.

Fine, talking about a scenario that has about a 2% chance of happening is very interesting.

Even if that soft schedule costs B1G wins? Won't be any sneaking up on teams this year. The lack of road games (almost complete lack), will cost in the long run.

This will only matter if Iowa doesn't win on the road in the B1G conference, if that happens I agree it will cost in the long run.

I enjoy blowouts as long as Iowa is on the winning end of them, that is the difference between you and I when it comes to Iowa basketball.

I like the occasional blow out. But when it is two months of blowouts vs. hapless competition, it starts to get pretty old.

I like the occasional blow out. But when it is two months of blowouts vs. hapless competition, it starts to get pretty old.

True, plus it breeds ignorance among the fan base to where some people start to think Iowa is going to seriously contend with everyone in the conference especially the top half. People start to think Iowa is great and start threads like "We're Back" and some will actually start to believe it. Then when Iowa doesn't so these things, then the meltdown ensues and it gets ugly. Then the "fire Fran" threads start. Nothing good comes from it.

I agree. Meltdowns are when I do some of my best work.

That and I get to learn from angry, drunk guys what is truly wrong with the program in whatever sport.

Angry drunk guys are an excellent source for just about anything.

That and I get to learn from angry, drunk guys what is truly wrong with the program in whatever sport.

Angry drunk guys are an excellent source for just about anything.

I still haven't made up my mind if I really think Redhawk is drunk or not.

Latest posts