Sayin Hi not Hatin

BigRedPowrWagon

Hi life time iowa citizen here, lift time husker fan also. I know i know but im not here to hate or troll. Just here to talk some honest football with you guys. Hell ive grown up around cyclone and hawkeye sports all my life just never paid much attention to them. I guess even in iowa you can be put into different situations. Anyone else try to notice this the next time you go to Walmart. Look at the sports teams hats. Of course you will find iowa and iowa state. Youll also find alabama, flordia, oklahoma, blah blah blah. But you know what, ive never found 1 nebraska hat there, not one. Just find that funny is all. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have to offer.

Last edited:
I am HALFING trouble NOT believing this isn't hawk fan posing as a husker.

Lost me when you said Wal-Mart.

Ok why, does that happen alot here. If its my spelling, yes its very bad but i dont have firefox so i just type fast and fix what i can later.

Last edited:
Hello. Welcome to Hawkeye Nation and (most likely) the Big Ten. If what is expected comes to fruition, I think we will have a great rivalry ahead of us. I'm looking forward to it! I am guessing most Huskers fans are as well.

Welcome, I have lived in Iowa for 24 of my 49 years and Nebraska the other years, God help me. I had an experience much like you, I never paid any attention to this team Nebraska, and when I went anywhere there were always NU and UNO and Kearney State hats (because you only have 1 D1 school) and never any Iowa hats and I always thought that was funny too. I love watching your new coach, I love pausing the clips of him on the sideline spraying spit all over his players, coaches and managers as he is screaming and dropping F bombs. What a role model for your state. I also love the shots of the crowd with the old guys in their bright red blazers yelling at the people in front of them to sit down. I tailgated once at your stadium, it was like 3 miles away, no place close to tailgate, it was crazy! Then at the game in row 110 in the north end zone I could almost see the players. What exactly did you want to know about Wal-Mart again????

When I lived in Omaha in the mid 80's and things got a little boring when barhopping, I would tell people what a big Sooner fan I was and how Oklahoma was so much better than the Cornholers. This approach didn't make me many friends but it did tend to liven things up a bit.

Welcome, I have lived in Iowa for 24 of my 49 years and Nebraska the other years, God help me. I had an experience much like you, I never paid any attention to this team Nebraska, and when I went anywhere there were always NU and UNO and Kearney State hats (because you only have 1 D1 school) and never any Iowa hats and I always thought that was funny too. I love watching your new coach, I love pausing the clips of him on the sideline spraying spit all over his players, coaches and managers as he is screaming and dropping F bombs. What a role model for your state. I also love the shots of the crowd with the old guys in their bright red blazers yelling at the people in front of them to sit down. I tailgated once at your stadium, it was like 3 miles away, no place close to tailgate, it was crazy! Then at the game in row 110 in the north end zone I could almost see the players. What exactly did you want to know about Wal-Mart again????

Post of the day, so far. Nicely done, LHH.
Are you a lift time Hawkeye fan?:)

Of course you will find iowa and iowa state. Youll also find alabama, flordia, oklahoma, blah blah blah. But you know what, ive never found 1 nebraska hat there, not one. Just find that funny is all. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have to offer.

Florida, Oklahoma, Alabama - National Champions and Conference Champions during the last decade. Why would they have those hats and not Nebby? What could possibly be the difference?

Florida, Oklahoma, Alabama - National Champions and Conference Champions during the last decade. Why would they have those hats and not Nebby? What could possibly be the difference?

Well the simple fact that theres lots of nebraska fans living in iowa for one. From where i live its almost closer to go to Omaha then Iowa City. I just thought it was funny. There were lots of other teams there like Ohio State and West Virginia there as well. I just thought it funny is all.

And yea saying your a sooner fan in a bar full of drunk nebraska fans isnt going to go down well. But certinaly make things interesting.

The tailgate scene isnt that party crazy in lincoln and yea the bluehairs in the stadium like to yell sitdown. Ive only been to one game but i never heard anything like that. Had a 70ish year old lady yelling her head off in front of us, and it wasnt sitdown. Ive never been to a game in iowa city but ive driven through town when there was one. Friend of mine is 65 years old and i told him if we make it to the big 10 well go to a hawkeye game together. Hes never been to one.

i told him if we make it to the big 10 .

Nice to see you have the right aspirations. If Nebby does come over, and I for one really hope they do, the games in IC will be epic. We are a great, and fairly, welcoming fan base. Rarely hear people from other schools having a bad experience. Win or lose.

Nice to see you have the right aspirations. If Nebby does come over, and I for one really hope they do, the games in IC will be epic. We are a great, and fairly, welcoming fan base. Rarely hear people from other schools having a bad experience. Win or lose.

Ive never been into gloating, not theres been much to gloat about in the last 10 years. I duno when i go to ISU - Nebraska games and we kicked there behinds i never talked trash or anything. You never know when your gonna get your a** handed to you. So i just go about it hey great we won, oh sh** we lost. I duno just how i handle things.

I keep hearing about the atmosphere in iowa city and kinnick so looking forward to going there. Might not be extremely accepted, especialy if we win but i think it would be fun none the less.

Your right im sure Nebraska will never be able to beat Iowa ever.

Very true. Why are you mad that you don't see Nebraska hats in West Des Moines? You realize that is right in the middle of Hawkeye/Cyclone country right? I live in Nw Iowa and can't get away from Bugeater fans. I'll gladly trade you spots. There are plenty of Nebraska hats that nobody is buying over here.

Latest posts