Saving Next Year

DunderMifflinHk

Obviously this year is a wash. Next year Fran needs to bring in some grad transfers/JC players or he may be out of a job. A few roster spots would have to open up through transfers for this to happen. Is there any other grad transfers out there worth getting? What about junior college players? We need an athletic PG and another athletic SG/SF that can handle it for this team to be successful. There is too many forwards and centers on this roster.

Also if Tyler Cook continues to dominate and goes pro, Iowa is in really big trouble.

cook leaving after this season, now, is my biggest fear. he's starting to be consistent with his 15 ft jumper and that's all i felt he was missing. i agree on the guards; even if they are defensive minded, as long as they are quick and fast and can handle the ball. i think Conner stays in the mix there, also. I see Wagner having problems finding playing time this and next season. Same with Ellingson (lack of foot speed on off/def) and Kriener. Kriener may be more of a sophomore slump, but he shot the ball way better last season. but wagner might contemplate xferring to go somewhere and play.

Cook is too careless with the ball still. I could see him possibly going pro after next season, but there's almost no way he would get drafted this year.

Cook isn’t going after this season.

Maybe next season if shot and defense improve. You have to do both in NBA.

Dunder is right. Need juco help.
Probably not going to happen.

List of players that should stay:
Cook
Baer
JBo
Nunge

Everybody else should be put on notice that they are playin for their scholarships the rest of the season. If we have to let's scrap the whole thing and start over.

Cook
Baer
JBo
Nunge

Everybody else should be put on notice that they are playin for their scholarships the rest of the season. If we have to let's scrap the whole thing and start over.

And not just the players...

Cook only had one rebound against Maryland and shot twenty five percent on his free throws. He isn't going pro.

Also...it's no one's fault that Connor has been sick and hurt all season. With Williams injury and transfer we went from 3 PGs to 1.

Also...it's no one's fault that Connor has been sick and hurt all season. With Williams injury and transfer we went from 3 PGs to 1.
Sorry but Connor was just as bad as JBo man. He's a nice backup but he isn't a game changer. When he was in he couldn't penetrate or keep anyone in front of him. This team needs two solid point guards that are competent defenders.

Sorry but Connor was just as bad as JBo man. He's a nice backup but he isn't a game changer. When he was in he couldn't penetrate or keep anyone in front of him. This team needs two solid point guards that are competent defenders.
I have no problem with Bohannon. He is a sophomore. He will continue to improve.

There is no way to fairly evaluate Connor IMO. He wasn't 100% even when he was playing. I am confident he would have helped us as the back up PG this year if he could have stayed healthy.

Cook
Baer
JBo
Nunge

If you wouldn't put Garza, Moss and Dailey on that list then it's hard to take you seriously.

Latest posts