Saturday's game

PimScutney

Just got a chance to watch it but listened to it on WHO. Most of this has probably been said, so forgive me. This game was like the anti-Michigan State game.

Missing Arob was big in the red zone for several reasons. Coker missed at least one block in the second half that rushed Stanzi on 3rd and goal. Also, I don't remember seeing one screen play or one time Stanzi hit Coker floating out of the backfield. That's a pretty big part of the play book and Stanzi's check downs completely missing.

I don't buy that we got away with one. McNutt was missed twice for passes that would have been TDs and DJK was missed on a deep ball at least once. Indiana dropped two in the end zone. Both teams stunk it up in the red zone. Indiana's was just amplified because it was the last play of the game.

It seemed like we should have had about 4 more interceptions. How often does Iowa have a game with that many tipped balls and none of them get picked?

Ferentz looked like he was having a tough day. A lot of pressure up the middle. But no screens to slow the rush.

Greenwood may have won that game when he laid Belcher out in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter. I can't help but think that had something to do with him dropping that last pass in the end zone because Greenwood was right behind him. Can't prove it, but its the first thing I thought when I saw him drop that ball. It appeared to me like he was looking for someone instead of securing the ball.

Latest posts