Saturday Prediction for where Stanzi lands?

Sorry, posting on my phone and didn't remember who tweeted it. It was Jason LaCanfora. "Heard he and Stanzi could fall due to some non-football stuff. We'll see"

Not saying he is right, but someone must have told him that.

Stanzi is not falling. He will be drafted where he should be. He is not in the top tier of QBs in this years draft and will struggle to fill a backup role.

Stanzi is not falling. He will be drafted where he should be. He is not in the top tier of QBs in this years draft and will struggle to fill a backup role.

Exactly. Stanzi love on this board boggles my mind. He was a pretty good college qb who did some very good things for us. He comes from a pro style system which helps his stock but still. Its comical that people thought he would go in the 2nd round.

Honestly, I am kinda glad he did not go that high. It would have made our teams performance last year that much more disappointing.

Ballard I get. Maybe NFL teams really do not like people who love Twilight, and Harry Potter? ; )

It seems to me that all the negative stuff surrounding the program over the last year may be affecting draft positions.

Or you could go with the simple explanation that most 8-5 teams don't have a bevy of high draft picks. It seems very likely that we'll have four guys picked in the first four rounds. That seems about right to me. I'm not going to freak out because the Patriots rated Mallett above Stanzi.

As to Stanzi, the Seattle possibility is interesting. I'd be interested to see him in Pete Carroll's system. Plus I would love to see his mullet next to whatever Charlie Whitehurst calls his hairstyle.

New England drafted Mallet

This is a major surprise. A franchise that builds on "character" takes a guy with character questions.

As for Stanzi dropping due to off the field issues... yet one more example of reporters not doing their job. They're just lumping him in with Ballard. Stanzi is all about character.

Wake up people, every "tweet" is not news...and it sure as hell isn't always accurate.

I think Ballard goes to Seattle at 10 in 4th.

And I'm hoping Sash goes to Dallas in 5th.[/QUOTE]

Ballard went to the Vikings.

This is getting embarassing.

Why? I don't think its embarrassing at all. As I've been saying now for about 2 months, the kid was pretty good in college but NFL scouts / teams can see his very obvious flaws.

He will get drafted by a team that is looking for a backup. He has some potential to step in and play at times but really he will just be good enough to hold a clipboard for two or three years.

Well, not looking good for round 4. Would love to see him I'm black and gold in the steel city! Not gonna happen though.

I'm still thinking TN at 130 will pick him up. They don't have a QB other than Locker. They've addressed their obvious flaws up to this point but having a 2nd QB to help push Locker will be a good thing.

@hawkdrummer

I never said it was news, which is why I was asking if anyone had heard anything else about it. I didn't expect him to be drafted high anyway. I don't need to "wake up", but thanks for the reminder.

Latest posts