Saturday Interviews from Columbus

Looking at the size of Tennessee’s players and watching a few of their games this year, we are completely fucking screwed. Talk about boys against men, Jesus.

We’ll be lucky to keep it within 25.

Looking at the size of Tennessee’s players and watching a few of their games this year, we are completely fucking screwed. Talk about boys against men, Jesus.

We’ll be lucky to keep it within 25.
You could be right but how would you explain the Colgate game?

I know what you're saying though. A prohibitive favorite is sometimes most vulnerable in their first round game, which is why they get upset once in a while. In 1992 Duke had a surprisingly difficult time shaking Campbell in round 1. Then they came out against us in round two and had us down 25 at the half. It was humiliating. Laettner was chirping at Chris Street in the first ninety seconds of the game and their fans at halftime were chanting "Campbell's better!" Tennessee is more than capable of laying a similiar beating on us.

Duke would eventually go on to win the national Championship that year, beating the Fab five Michigan team.

Tennessee to end their regular season and the conference tournament, last 8 games, played Kentucky, Mississippi State and Auburn twice each and had LSU once.
Talk about a tough stretch

You could be right but how would you explain the Colgate game?

I know what you're saying though. A prohibitive favorite is sometimes most vulnerable in their first round game, which is why they get upset once in a while. In 1992 Duke had a surprisingly difficult time shaking Campbell in round 1. Then they came out against us in round two and had us down 25 at the half. It was humiliating. Laettner was chirping at Chris Street in the first ninety seconds of the game and their fans at halftime were chanting "Campbell's better!" Tennessee is more than capable of laying a similiar beating on us.

Duke would eventually go on to win the national Championship that year, beating the Fab five Michigan team.
They’re just so much more physical and faster than us that I don’t see how it can go any different. I get that they have a much bigger recruiting advantage than us, but Fran has to stop bringing in nothing but skinny, gangly kids all the time if he wants to compete nationally. Hopefully Nunge and Garza both on the floor next year will help, but it doesn’t do anything about our lack of quickness.