Sash

Isn't there some thing with the NFL this year where they're saying you may hardly see a junior declare cuz of the salary cap or something?..sorry for my vagueness..If that's the case Sash stays?

Isn't there some thing with the NFL this year where they're saying you may hardly see a junior declare cuz of the salary cap or something?..sorry for my vagueness..If that's the case Sash stays?

next year could be a great year for college football with the impending lockout situation. we'll see what happens, but it could keep a lot of kids in college who were on the verge.

next year could be a great year for college football with the impending lockout situation. we'll see what happens, but it could keep a lot of kids in college who were on the verge.

I've actually been worried about McNutt leaving for this reason. Next year's WR is going to be LOADED. A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, Justin Blackmon, Alshon Jeffrey, Ryan Broyles, DeVier Posey, Jonathon Baldwin, Tanden Doss, Juron Criner, and Roy Roundtree are all guys that I expect to be in next year's draft. That could possibly be the best draft class at a single position ever, certainly could be the best WR of all time. Guys who would typically be first round material might slide quite a ways because of the depth.

Sash will be back. He has to be. Would love to see him graduate with the career interceptions record.

By the way, not to be too opportunistic here, but one of the authentic game issue throwback jerseys still available from the 2010 Ball State game is a #9, Tyler Sash jersey. To see the listing, click the Craig's List URL below.

Been thinking of this alot lately. While this is a possibility in a 4-3 with a guy like Edds (big OLB with great cover skills) been wondering if Hawks aren't better suited for 4-2-5 with more of a hybrid LB / Safety who can hold his own in any passing situation but also transition to a QB spy. Would something like this have been more effective against Persa, Pryor and Weber when they pulled it down and broke the Hawk's back time and again?

That would mean the staff adjusting their personel to the situation. We just need to execute better..(hopefully the sarcasm came across)

Well I'm certain. "We know who we are"..and we "bend but don't break"...and we freakin try and cover WRs with young linebackers doing nothing to adjust to the opposition play calling type of D is best suited for us.

I'm wondering if KF and staff are just getting lazy. Think about it why devise anything different it's easier to just try and make minor adjustments with your current thinking than it is to try a few new things that the opposition might not have seen before.

And why is it that our "trick" plays never, ever, ever, ever, ever, work and a team like Boise State pulls them off week after week?

Well I'm certain. "We know who we are"..and we "bend but don't break"...and we freakin try and cover WRs with young linebackers doing nothing to adjust to the opposition play calling type of D is best suited for us.

I'm wondering if KF and staff are just getting lazy. Think about it why devise anything different it's easier to just try and make minor adjustments with your current thinking than it is to try a few new things that the opposition might not have seen before.

And why is it that our "trick" plays never, ever, ever, ever, ever, work and a team like Boise State pulls them off week after week?

The level of competition that those plays are being run against probably makes a pretty big difference.

\
what trick play are you talking of?

other than McNutts pass this year I dont recall any.

I've been preaching this for the better part of the season...

Anyway, Sash is a nice player but he can't tackle for poop. If he tries these shoulder hits in the NFL, they'll laugh at him. He needs to prove he can do something else besides being at the right place at the right time.

The TS I saw this year gets cut out of training camp in the NFL.

For whatever reason he seemed to go that chop down technique when tackling, not really sure if he was protecting his shoulder or not. A lot of guys use that technique it seems if it was hit or miss with Sash. My issue with Sash with tackling comes with some of the angles he takes. 3 or 4 games this year he missed a lot of tackles by taking bad angles.

I've actually been worried about McNutt leaving for this reason. Next year's WR is going to be LOADED. A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, Justin Blackmon, Alshon Jeffrey, Ryan Broyles, DeVier Posey, Jonathon Baldwin, Tanden Doss, Juron Criner, and Roy Roundtree are all guys that I expect to be in next year's draft. That could possibly be the best draft class at a single position ever, certainly could be the best WR of all time. Guys who would typically be first round material might slide quite a ways because of the depth.

Wait and see mode....We have to let this play out. Of the guys you listed I could see at minimum 4 guys being in this year's draft, regardless of circumstances.

Hopefully, Baldwin goes, he would be a nightmare at Kinnick next year.

I would guess Sash and McNutt will be gone to NFL

It wouldn't shock me both guys could use another year to fine tune some things, but like all of us we reach a point where its time to move on. I really have no clue if either guy has reached that point.

Latest posts