Sash

stlherky

is for sure not leaving after his junior year. He has made a few good plays but he is not anywhere ready for the NFL. He will be back.

Just because he's not NFL ready doesn't mean he will stay. Plenty of guys leave before they're 100% ready.

I love me some TMFS and I'd love to see him return to full force next year. I also know someone who if close to his family (I know, I know) and she said she'd be shocked if he left before getting his degree. Apparently his dad is a middle school teacher who puts a huge emphasis on education. Take that for what it's worth.

He's going to be back. All-American next year, Career INT breaker?

if its important to him, he could set a ton of records career-wise. i think he comes back more because of unfinished business and that he seems the type to get his degree.

I wonder if he will get a chance to cover anyone man to man next year to prepare him for the NFL or will he have to cover in the zone by giving his man a 7-yard cushion????

I would be really surprised to see him elave early. He had an incredible sophomore year but took a dip stats-wise this year, and I don't think he'd want to leave with the way this year ended. Hopefully he comes back next year and has a breakout season both on the field and in the locker room as a vocal leader.

I wonder if he will get a chance to cover anyone man to man next year to prepare him for the NFL or will he have to cover in the zone by giving his man a 7-yard cushion????

He's a safety, not a corner. And I don't see Kirk suddenly changing his defensive philosophy next year. Tyler will be playing center field, as he should be.

Not that this is gospel or anything, but I heard Morehouse say he would be surprised if Sash is back. Said he'll be 23 this spring, citing that as a tipping point of sorts. The turmoil right now probably doesn't help. I'm inclined to think he won't be back

He's a safety, not a corner. And I don't see Kirk suddenly changing his defensive philosophy next year. Tyler will be playing center field, as he should be.
No reason why Sash couldn't replace a OLB on passing downs to give Iowa a better match up with a slot WR or a RB. Would be a good way to get the next safety some snaps to.

KF and Norm to find more players like Sash that could be a hybrid type of a player that can cover and play the run. Something like a rover position.

No reason why Sash couldn't replace a OLB on passing downs to give Iowa a better match up with a slot WR or a RB. Would be a good way to get the next safety some snaps to.

KF and Norm to find more players like Sash that could be a hybrid type of a player that can cover and play the run. Something like a rover position.

+1 good call

Been thinking of this alot lately. While this is a possibility in a 4-3 with a guy like Edds (big OLB with great cover skills) been wondering if Hawks aren't better suited for 4-2-5 with more of a hybrid LB / Safety who can hold his own in any passing situation but also transition to a QB spy. Would something like this have been more effective against Persa, Pryor and Weber when they pulled it down and broke the Hawk's back time and again?

I've been preaching this for the better part of the season...

Anyway, Sash is a nice player but he can't tackle for poop. If he tries these shoulder hits in the NFL, they'll laugh at him. He needs to prove he can do something else besides being at the right place at the right time.

The TS I saw this year gets cut out of training camp in the NFL.

I've been preaching this for the better part of the season...

Anyway, Sash is a nice player but he can't tackle for poop. If he tries these shoulder hits in the NFL, they'll laugh at him. He needs to prove he can do something else besides being at the right place at the right time.

The TS I saw this year gets cut out of training camp in the NFL.

Maybe for not hitting hard enough. But have you seen the state of tackling in the NFL? I don't think many guys would have room to make fun of Tyler's fundamentals.

My guess is he will go. I have seen him projected anywhere from 2nd round to 6th. I see him as a solid 3rd to 4th. You guys that criticize his tackling are spoiled by the fact he is around the ball constantly. His ability to find the ball and close and his angles are unreal- he makes the play far more often than he misses, he has the ability to make the big play and plays faster than he will time. He probably will have a short window with his physical style and his age does factor in.

Uh huh, but I am afraid it won't happen. Tough to watch the opposing O change personnel, two big lug blocking TE's come off the field with two quick slot WR's come in on 3rd and 6. I know our base D formation before we even break the huddle!

maybe he looks at bob sanders and thinks "i've only got so much time", but he seems like he's in it for the long haul. i guess we'll have to see how it all unfolds.

Latest posts