Sash decision

Is it just me or does saying you are from a college town of 10,000 plus and calling it a small town seem weird? I guess I think of people from 1A school towns small towns, not 3A and bigger. My home town is 800 peeps, the next town over is 200, and the one where I work is 2200. These seem like small towns to me, just my perspective I suppose. If you are from Chicago, you probably think Des Moines is a small town.

Just got a text from someone I trust. She just told me she's pretty sure Sash has an agent. IF she's right, he gone.

Is it just me or does saying you are from a college town of 10,000 plus and calling it a small town seem weird? I guess I think of people from 1A school towns small towns, not 3A and bigger. My home town is 800 peeps, the next town over is 200, and the one where I work is 2200. These seem like small towns to me, just my perspective I suppose. If you are from Chicago, you probably think Des Moines is a small town.

No, OSKY isn't tiny, but neither is it Chicago...or even Cedar Rapids. it makes a better sounding scenario to say small town. :D

Either way, good for Tyler. I'm sure his hometown is proud.

I want him to stay as we all do but I hate it when players make an "announcement" and then they stay. You are suppose to stay and it is only an announcement if you are not staying.

This. You only make an announcement if you are going to humiliate the local University of your home town, by letting them think they have a shot at landing you. Then totally bail on them, and ask how much of a wicked awesome prank it was to your best buds.

I want him to stay as we all do but I hate it when players make an "announcement" and then they stay. You are suppose to stay and it is only an announcement if you are not staying.

Well this assumes what the OP says is going to happen. If this is indeed the case, I would also assume an announcement would be that he is going pro. But at the same time, we are Iowa, and we do things differently, so who knows. I hope he stays.

One thing that seems off about this is that I can't remember the last time an Iowa junior announced in such a way. It's usually done in a, for a lack of better words, a normal way.

Why do we seem to have our good players leave early?

Because the NFL doesn't want the bad ones????

If you ask me, we're generally pretty lucky in this regard. We've had just how many players leave early under Ferentz?

Dallas Clark- he was in a similar boat as Sash, he was "old" (he was also a 1st round prospect)

Shonn Greene- again, "old"

Spievey- needed the money

Bulaga- 1st rounder

Sash?- "old", pretty well maxed out physically

These are the only guys I've been able to come up with. Five guys (maybe) in 9 years. Some schools lose that many in just one or two years.

What is so bad about how he is spreading the news...he is telling some of his biggest fans (ones from his HS) his decision. I think it is ok as long as it doesn't go on for an hour and he doesn't flaunt it in front of the Hawk fans as something to **** them off...ala LeBron's crappy show.

Well, I listened during halftime and they didn't say anything. Maybe I missed it/hasn't happened yet/was just a rumor. I'm pretty sure he is there, though. He did visit the elementary school today. Visited my friend's son's classroom.

Well, I listened during halftime and they didn't say anything. Maybe I missed it/hasn't happened yet/was just a rumor. I'm pretty sure he is there, though. He did visit the elementary school today. Visited my friend's son's classroom.

I'm leaning towards rumor. If he didn't do it during halftime, then I would guess he's not doing it at the game.

Maybe he pulled a Dallas Clark and got tossed from the game for heckling the refs so he couldn't announce it.

Is it safe to say now that ISU was waaaaaay off?

Yes.

Took a chance throwing it out there, but no dice it seems.

Latest posts