Santreal Henderson

I dont think Iowa is in the running for this guy. We as fans like to think we are in the running but this kid just doesnt want to play for Iowa. I think he visited Iowa as a gesture to John Alt and that is it. If developing into a great lineman and a top 5 pick was his goal he would come to Iowa but I think he wants to go to a team that puts up points and contends for National Championships on a yearly basis. Iowa would be a great pick for him but I dont think it happens.......
And that is just fine because he needs to do what he thinks will be best for him. We don't have to agree but way too many people act like spoiled brats when they don't get their way in regards to recruits.
Iowa would be a good place for him to grow and become a Pro. But if he thinks for some reason he needs to be somewhere else we sure don't want him around IC regretting his decision. IMO its a poor decision if he is thinking he needs to go to a warm climate to play as many Pro teams are not located in warm climates.
Iowa FB is on a roll and they will be top20 during his college years and KF and Co. have proven to produce pro players. He has the talent and he just needs to think about the need to be big market to display it. IMO he doesn't need it but he may want it(or parents).

I've fallen into the trap again...I had for a few minutes gotten excited about Henderson coming to Iowa. It would be impossible to say at this point how Henderson will pan out...but I don't think we need players like this on our team. One of the worst things that happened to Iowa wrestling during the Zalesky years was Steve Mocco...big time recruits - even those who end up performing well aren't always good for programs.

Where would Iowa be right now had we not fallen in love with a bunch of 5 stars from Illinois a few years ago - Ryan Bain, Jake Christiansen, Tony Moeaki, Dace Richardson, and Dan Doering. Think about the amount of time that was spent recruiting these kids as compared with the production that we've gotten from them on the field and the benefit that they've brought to the program. I'm not down on Tony or Dace...but the group as a whole just didn't pan out.

I'm not sure how much Seantrel has spoken to coaches and been around this program...but if he understands what Hawkeye football is all about and still doesn't have us in the conversation - we should all stop worrying about him.