Santreal Henderson: Three of his top five new coaches

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
USC, Notre Dame, Florida....well, Florida doesn't have a new coach...but I dont think Meyer will coach again there. Carroll is not officially gone yet, but it sure sounds likely.

Ohio State was one of his five, and they have the sweater vest.

Henderson's dad told USC Scout that it sure makes things real confusing and difficult with all of this...I wonder, does Santreal, who told Rob Howe of HawkeyeInsider.com that Iowa was still in the picture, look for stability, in addition to the type of OL's Iowa can produce for the league?

I don't have my hopes up, but outside circumstances are making this a closer possibility than it would have been, IMO

Are the coaches still recruiting anyone else? Do the Bulaga/Richardson departures open up 2 more spots?

Listen folks, I know, I know, we don't want to be irrationally exuberant about this, however, IOWA weather is an improvement, in terms of mild temps to Mpls/St Paul. Yet, Iowa City is very close to his home turf. And with all the excellent offensive line coaches/players and connections, I'm saying it is 50/50 right now.

And we all know that Seantrel could not choose a BETTER PLACE to spend 3-4 years!

Dean

If Iowa is in the picture, why are we not listed on any of his top 5 list. I know our chances are slim, but I'd feel a little better to know that we're actually in contention.

Also, keep in mind the last top prospect we recruited at OL (Dace Richardson) . He spent most of his career on the bench due to injury. Its not like we have anything to worry about since KF is the coach and quickly making Iowa known as "Offensive Line U"

Mpls/STP weather is not all that different from Iowa weather. It's mostly that winter starts a little earlier, and lasts a little longer.

In the 6 years I lived there, I never experienced anything that would make me believe MN is that different from IA.

Mpls/STP weather is not all that different from Iowa weather. It's mostly that winter starts a little earlier, and lasts a little longer.

In the 6 years I lived there, I never experienced anything that would make me believe MN is that different from IA.

I have seen quite a few springs in Iowa, when they were still skiing at Afton Alps. It's further north, even Al Gore would say it's colder longer in Minnesota. :eek:

Rob Howe sent me a tweet that said USC was the leader and now Iowa may get an offiial visit and Kirk wil get an in home visit

depends on how you define 'starts a little earlier, and lasts a little longer'.

I lived there 3 years, and there is a big difference in length of season, especially in spring when you see temps in iowa. and you can tell that difference in just how the people up there deal with winter. their winter culture is totally different than ours in iowa - the are less to hibernate, and more to enjoy winter activities - snowshoeing, cross country skiing, etc, etc.

I just sent Seantrel a "Friends" invite on Facebook! Probably won't hear back, but its worth a try.

Rob Howe sent me a tweet that said USC was the leader and now Iowa may get an offiial visit and Kirk wil get an in home visit

He already took an offical to USC, Florida, OSU, and ND so if Rob is correct he would have to drop the team (miami) he has already told he will be officially visiting. It doesnt add up IMO

Last edited:
We need to start a facebook group: Iowa wants Seantrel Henderson and in the info give all the reasons why Seantrel should come to Iowa City and play for Kirk Ferentz...a year or two coached by him would certainly be a first round pick

He already took an offical to USC, so if Rob is correct he would have to drop a team he has already told he will be officially visiting. It doesnt add up.

Prospects do that all the time. Drop a school they said they would visit and visit another school, instead.

I think it's easier to change visits than to change comittments.

Latest posts