Sandusky Recruiting players this year!

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more of the fact that Sandusky was the "coach in waiting", then was told by Paterno that he wasn't any longer. Where does that fit into the timeline of things? Did he inform Sandusky of that after McQueary reported what he saw?

Bigdrum, it's been brought up quite a bit I think, but there's SO MUCH to this story that it's hard to cover all of it in any level of detail.

Tip of the iceberg.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more of the fact that Sandusky was the "coach in waiting", then was told by Paterno that he wasn't any longer. Where does that fit into the timeline of things? Did he inform Sandusky of that after McQueary reported what he saw?

1998 Sandusky investigated by University police for 'fondling' a child.
1999 Sandusky fired by Paterno probably because of 1998 incident.
2002 McQueary reports to Paterno about another Sandusky incident.
2002 Paterno notofies his 'boss'.
2002 Police never informed about incident by admin.
2002-2011 Sandusky still welcome on campus.

I've seen this on a Penn State board and a national board recently. Apparently the kid that is making this claims is notorious for lying to reporters. Most people I've seen post about this topic believe that it's a made up story.

Sean Fitz, who runs Penn State's site on 247Sports.com, said of this kid, "I asked around and the player in question is notorious for not telling the truth." Later, he added, "Sources say that not only were they not recruiting him, but they've never heard of him."

Sean Fitz, who runs Penn State's site on 247Sports.com, said of this kid, "I asked around and the player in question is notorious for not telling the truth." Later, he added, "Sources say that not only were they not recruiting him, but they've never heard of him."

Okay, so Sandusky is in the clear.

Sorry bud, but not happening. Wayyy too many allegations and too many victims to think that one kid who is "notorious for not telling the truth" is full of ****. Paterno ****ed up, along with a lot of other people.

Be careful about dismissing the kid's claims out of hand. First, the chinamen already are out trying to protect their beloved Penn State football even as it is engulfed in controversy, and Fitz may fit in that category. Second, I find it hard to believe that PSU has "never heard" of a linebacker who has interest from schools like UCLA, Nebraska, Colorado, Oregon State, BYU and Utah.

The kid also claims to be a member of the Church of Latter Day Saints and interested in some place where he can do his mission. Hard to believe both the dad and kid are serial liars, although anything's possible these days, I suppose.

Seems it would be easy enough for the TV station to ask to see the recruiting letters the kid claims to have received.

The national recruiting coordinator at Rivals is saying the story is made up and that Ah Ching has no offers from any D1 teams and is thought of as only a marginal prospect. Also the athletic director at Ah Ching's high school said the rumor is "false and untrue."

Edit: In case you're wondering why a bunch of sites have offers listed for him but a major recruiting analyst says he doesn't, the thought is that he has claimed things about hiimself that aren't true, adhering to the philosophy, "all publicity is good publicity."

Edit2: After reading several articles, I believe that Ah Ching at least had offers from a couple of schools, though he may no longer have those offers due to other players committing. One thing I found interesting was that an article from his hometown newspaper about his spring game lists Michigan State, Tennessee, Georgia Tech and Brigham Young as schools that had scouts at the game. No article from when the game was played in June ever mentions Penn State. Spring football

Last edited:
Okay, so Sandusky is in the clear.

Sorry bud, but not happening. Wayyy too many allegations and too many victims to think that one kid who is "notorious for not telling the truth" is full of ****. Paterno ****ed up, along with a lot of other people.

He was only talking about the recruit who said Sandusky was in contact with him on behalf of PSU.

Latest posts