Sandusky Recruiting players this year!

Well that's seems to be a MAJOR violation, no? Recruiting visits by people not associated with the program?

Who didn't see this coming after all the stuff that was revealed in the Grand Jury findings?

He may have retired in 1999, but he never walked away from the program, and the program never tried to push him away.

where are the people who state that there are no NCAA violations because of this sandusky situation at?

if things like this aren't a violation, they need to throw away the book. i'm guessing sandusky was an arm for the staff in recruiting - and since he wasn't associated with the coaching staff - dead periods, calls, etc wouldn't apply to him as he wasn't a coach.

sandusky very well maybe very closely tied to this staff yet - in recruiting, advising, coaching, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing that we will keep finding out more and more about the Penn State football program and everything going on there as this continues to play out...

I'm guessing that we will keep finding out more and more about the Penn State football program and everything going on there as this continues to play out...

I've been thinking that same thing the last few days. The more things come out, the more it seems like this was a wide-stream cover up. Very disappointing, to say the least.

Hmm, apparently the coach has said he's not aware of anybody from PSU attending such a game, while the player stands by his story.

PSU, for their part, says that they've never heard of the kid. Could likely be Sandusky out on his own then.

you think he's just randomly visiting high school football recruits?

Ain't no way this guy randomly finds recruits to visit out of his own compassion for the program. What does he do with the information he gathers on the visit? Keep it to himself?

Hmm, apparently the coach has said he's not aware of anybody from PSU attending such a game, while the player stands by his story.

PSU, for their part, says that they've never heard of the kid. Could likely be Sandusky out on his own then.

sandusky is not from PSU, officially. so even if sandusky was there he wouldn't be from PSU. so the coach is technically correct. unofficially he could certainly be repping for PSU.

Ain't no way this guy randomly finds recruits to visit out of his own compassion for the program. What does he do with the information he gathers on the visit? Keep it to himself?

Could it be some kind of cover for the child sex trade rumored to be going on with the boosters? Or the guy has just completely lost his marbles and still thinks he's coaching Linebacker U.

sandusky is not from PSU, officially. so even if sandusky was there he wouldn't be from PSU. so the coach is technically correct. unofficially he could certainly be repping for PSU.

I'd say this is the case, based on what we now know. It seems pretty clear to me that sickdusky's "retirement" in 1999 was forced, but also something of a red herring. He obviously remained very close to "the program", with full access, office, etc etc as we all have heard. Lost his title and formal responsibilities, but he was still in the mix.
No surprise if he was picking and choosing certain recruits.

Latest posts