Sam LaPorta, Jack Campbell Returning in '22

Glad to see both of them returning. Brian is probably glad to have both linebackers returning.

Great for the team and fans. Another very solid year for both of them can only raise their draft position.

I hope to see a really heavy dose of Laporta and Lachey/2nd Tight End on the field at the same time doing the Fant/Hockenson death crush on opponents.

And they should. Both will land in the the top 2 rounds next year. They were probably UDFAs this year.
Uh, I really doubt they are going from UDFA to top two rounds based on one more year of college ball ... But mostly I disagree that they would have been UDFAs. LaPorta has the production, pedigree, and draft grade to be picked somewhere in rounds 4-6. Campbell probably would have been a late rounder given the decline in need for traditional ILBs, but he would have been drafted.

Both can raise their draft stock, LaPorta especially. But, both would have been drafted this season.

Glad to see these talented youngsters back.

Both can raise their draft stock, LaPorta especially. But, both would have been drafted this season.

Glad to see these talented youngsters back.
I thought that last game for Laporta really coulda put him on the map. He was also blocking his ass off too. Being a multi yr starter for TEU with some tape like that with upside is exactly what the NFL likes. Him going wouldn't have been a stretch but I'm ecstatic that he's back. Between him Lachey and Yelverton that's quite the group I would think.

Latest posts