Sam LaPorta A Mackey Semifinalist

Sam LaPorta is a certified bad ass.

We met him after the spring game two years ago and he was hilarious. Chatted my kid up for probably ten minutes about what position he played back home, what hobbies he had, and talked fishing with him too. Awesome dude.

Crystal ball…

Vikes sign Hockenson to a long term deal at the end of the year.

Vikes draft Sam LaPorta this spring aiming to make Gronk/Hernandez look like child’s play.

Vikes bring the stand up 2 TE set to the NFL and go on to win the next five super bowls in a row.

Book it.

Crystal ball…

Vikes draft Sam LaPorta this spring aiming to make Gronk/Hernandez look like child’s play.

Vikes bring the stand up 2 TE set to the NFL and go on to win the next five super bowls in a row.

Book it.
49ers need a 2nd TE bad bad bad too. And they only have like 3rd round or later picks available anyway. They don't have many starting holes they'd be looking to fill I could really see them considering taking him as high as 3rd or 4th round if he lasts that long.

49ers need a 2nd TE bad bad bad too. And they only have like 3rd round or later picks available anyway. They don't have many starting holes they'd be looking to fill I could really see them considering taking him as high as 3rd or 4th round if he lasts that long.
After Kittle, Fant and Hockenson these past few years I don't see too many good Iowa TEs lasting very long in the draft. No better marketing than those three guys.

Crystal ball…

Book it.
This is the best post you have ever posted, Fry. The cherry on top was the standup tight ends. Hayden just smiled from Heaven.

As great as LaPorta is, Bowers from Georgia or Mayer from Notre Dame will be the Mackey winner
At the risk of sounding like a homer I think LaPorta is the better NFL prospect of the three. He's a much better run blocker than Bowers or Mayer and that's going to earn him more money long term. He plays a lot like Hockenson and Kittle.

Latest posts