Saints players get hammered

No, this is what happens when chumps try to pay their teammates for going out and intentionally trying to hurt guys.

Saints backup quarterback Chase Daniel tweeted that Vilma found out about his suspension by watching ESPN's "SportsCenter" and not from the league itself.

Daniel's tweet: "I was standing right next 2 @jonvilma51 when he found out abt his suspension ON @SportsCenter. Really? He has to find out about it that way?"
Are you kidding me? The guy actively participated in a bounty program. He intentionally tried injuring other players and encouraged his teammates to do the same. They could have ended another player's career.... and you are complaining that they had to find out about a suspension on SportsCenter? A SUSPENSION. All of these Saints players and fans backing up their thug/low-life teammates that were directly involved should be banned from procreating. We don't need them reproducing and risk bringing more idiots, such as themselves, into this world.

Chase Daniels needs to shut his mouth. If there weren't so many professional athletes like him... I would be shocked that he is even whining about something so miniscule in the grand scheme of things. Hell, I bet if Vilma received the news in an email from the league (or anything less than a face-to-face meeting for that matter) that these morons would whine about it.

I bet it is really easy for a pansy like Daniels, who has only attempted 8 passes in his career for a grand total of a whopping 45 yards, to sit there and defend guys that intentionally tried to injure other players--mainly quarterbacks--when he knows he never has to worry, because he will ride the pine his whole life. Even if he is in the game for some reason, it is probably to the other team's advantage to keep him in the game as long as possible.

Obviously, he isn't the worst offender... Look at any of the comments by Saints fans on the matter and you will see the true definition of the word brainless. I hope the Saints completely tank it for the next decade and they become the new punching bag for the rest of the league.

As a Vikings fan, this whole situation pisses me off extra. If it weren't for the Saints... Who knows what would have happened in the 2009 playoffs. Vikings might have finally won a Superbowl, but nope... the Saints took cheap shots at Favre all night, finally injuring him, and ended up winning the NFC title game on a FG in overtime.

Here is an article on that (if you are interested):
Saints defender after Favre injury: “Pay me my money!” | ProFootballTalk

During the 2009 NFC title game, which both sparked the league’s investigation and served as the most obvious example of assault and battery of an opposing quarterback, King writes that, after an unflagged high-low hit on Brett Favre resulted in a sprained ankle, an unnamed Saints defender was heard saying on an on-field microphone, “Pay me my money!”

(We know what you’re thinking: The league killed Monday’s re-air of the game on NFL Network because the comment could be heard during the broadcast. Apparently, however, it was a different microphone.)

King also explains that defensive end Anthony Hargrove can be heard saying, “Favre is out of the game! Favre is done! Favre is done!

**** Vilma, **** Hargrove, **** the Saints.

Last edited:
The NFL is more worried about LIABILITY than safety.

It only makes sense. A major part of football is intimidation through violence. Some call it 'imposing your will' - being the bullies of The B1G. Why would the NFL deliberately lessen its popularity?

How much weight would a waiver to the right to sue caused by a football injury hold in court?

EDIT: Sidenote: This is why NFL owners appear hypocritical when they demand safety provisions AND an extended schedule: the NFL is more worried about LIABILITY than safety.

Thank you, not, Mr. Prosecutor.

Last edited:
Vilma should be ****** at his union for dropping their pants at the negotiation table last year. Nobody else.

Well Commish said he wanted to punish everyone so it wouldn't happen again.... I think he will accomplish that goal. If coaches hear whispers of it going on in their locker rooms I bet they will put a stop to it. No coach would be dumb enough to try doing it again but players will be players.

i want to know how the union will handle this. if they dont back the players are they doing what a union is supposed to do? if they do back the players does that mean they are turning their backs on the players bounties were put on?

this is a messed up situation.

i want to know how the union will handle this. if they dont back the players are they doing what a union is supposed to do? if they do back the players does that mean they are turning their backs on the players bounties were put on?this is a messed up situation.

The union has no say. They turned all the control over to the commish he is the be all and end all when it comes to this. Sure they can appeal but guess who hears that? Yep, the commish.

The NFL is more worried about LIABILITY than safety.

It only makes sense. A major part of football is intimidation through violence. Some call it 'imposing your will' - being the bullies of The B1G. Why would the NFL deliberately lessen its popularity?

How much weight would a waiver to the right to sue caused by a football injury hold in court?

EDIT: Sidenote: This is why NFL owners appear hypocritical when they demand safety provisions AND an extended schedule: the NFL is more worried about LIABILITY than safety.

Thank you, not, Mr. Prosecutor.

I get what you are saying, but I think there is a difference between being intimidating/"imposing your will" and what these players did.

In the 2009 NFC title game 8 hits were sent in for review by the league. 4 of those hits resulted in fines--3 of them were hits on Brett Favre.

It is one thing if you are give a guy a good, hard, clean hit and they end up getting injured. It is one thing to be playing like Bob Sanders (which I don't think was ever fined, but I could be wrong) and being intimidating because you are hard-hitter, but are not doing dirty hits...

It is a completely different thing to target someone, say "hey injure this person. Do whatever you have to do... just injure them and you will be rewarded."

Many of the hits were late/behind the play and were hits that were intended to injure someone--They were cheap.

As I quoted from the article above--A Saints player was caught on an on-field mic saying something along the lines of: "I injured Favre! He's out! Pay me! I'm getting paid!"

I really don't think this about the NFL using Vilma or any of the other players involved as a scapegoat.

Hitting hard is part of the game.
Incidental head-to-head collisions are part of the game.
Injuries are part of the game.
Intentionally injuring someone else by taking dirty/illegal shots at them because you will get paid some extra cash... has absolutely no place in the game.

Latest posts