Safety play

In my opinion our safeties often played flat footed and tackled poorly this season. My guess is the coaching staff agreed as we saw more bodies rotating in as the season went on, searching for an answer. I hope they watched the Alabama v Georgia game night, the safeties on both teams were aggressive and really ran to the ball , run or pass. Hopefully this is an area we see great improvement in next season.

There was at least one safety and one linebacker that missed at least one(sometimes multiple) 3rd down tackle EVERY game this year. Amazing. I really do not recall that happening before. These two defensive players were in position to tackle for a stop or loss on 3rd down, yet they just could not get it done. I will let you guess at these to individuals. The only hint I will give you, is that they are both from the state of Iowa... But if you were watching the games closely, you know exactly who they are.

My question is, can you teach tackling to a college player who already has experience?? I am not a coach, but I would have to say that you either have it, or you don't.

Since these two are favorites of KF, they will not be removed from the starting lineup. Even if their backups play better on gameday. You can count on that.

In my opinion our safeties often played flat footed and tackled poorly this season. My guess is the coaching staff agreed as we saw more bodies rotating in as the season went on, searching for an answer. I hope they watched the Alabama v Georgia game night, the safeties on both teams were aggressive and really ran to the ball , run or pass. Hopefully this is an area we see great improvement in next season.

Look at the Alabama and GA safeties. Now look at the Iowa safeties.

Yep, that's why the difference. But I'm betting you and everybody else knew that.

FreedComanche

There was at least one safety and one linebacker that missed at least one(sometimes multiple) 3rd down tackle EVERY game this year. Amazing. I really do not recall that happening before. These two defensive players were in position to tackle for a stop or loss on 3rd down, yet they just could not get it done. I will let you guess at these to individuals. The only hint I will give you, is that they are both from the state of Iowa... But if you were watching the games closely, you know exactly who they are.

My question is, can you teach tackling to a college player who already has experience?? I am not a coach, but I would have to say that you either have it, or you don't.

Since these two are favorites of KF, they will not be removed from the starting lineup. Even if their backups play better on gameday. You can count on that.
You got something against football players from Iowa?

For every missed tackle by the safties I could show you a missed tackle by the D-lineman, linebackers and corners. It was a collective poor tackling performance year by everyone

I have a hard time believing there is worse safety play in the entire country. In fact there probably isnt since there wasnt a single D1 offer among Iowa's starting 2 back there for most of the season. I take that back 1 offer. Ferentz came in and stole one from UNI the week of signing day.

I have a hard time believing there is worse safety play in the entire country. In fact there probably isnt since there wasnt a single D1 offer among Iowa's starting 2 back there for most of the season. I take that back 1 offer. Ferentz came in and stole one from UNI the week of signing day.

There ya go.

FreedComanche

I miss the days when I would watch the games on tv and the announcers couldn't get over the way everybody on defense would fly to the ball. I didn't see much of that this year.

Right. In fact, I just talked to KF on the phone and he confirmed that regardless of what it does to his win/loss record, he will remain loyal to less skilled players, not only at the safety positions, but in all positions. There you have it.

oh by the way Hyde was a 2* and only MAC schools offered. also says hello and will probably be drafted this spring.

Latest posts