Saban Article

Good read. I agree 110%. He seems like he doesn't care who he has to step on to get wins.

Great article. Hope someone who creeps on Ross's twitter account politely forwards this to him :)

Man if Ross P has any sence he will come back to Iowa and play for a good coach. Nick Ssban is a jerk

Man if Ross P has any sence he will come back to Iowa and play for a good coach. Nick Ssban is a jerk

Didn't Matt Roth himself call him something like a jerk, or made some statement about him...I thought I remembered seeing something about Roth saying Kirk has 1000x more class than that dude. I think Roth played for him in Miami?

I am no fan of Saban, but I will say the following -

I'm sure a lot of recruits buy his schtick hook, line, and sinker...but at the same time, I think a lot of recruits (and/or their parents/guardians) are smart enough to understand the risk they are taking signing on with a total shark of a football coach. They do the math and realize that they have a really good shot of getting to play on a National Championship team at some point during their 4/5 year career.

It's like deciding to buy a sports car. Terrible gas mileage, tiny trunk, classified as a "deathtrap" on the NTSB's highway safety scale, and you'll need a second mortgage to pay the insurance. But it's red, fast, loud, and will make your a-hole brother in law so jealous he'll want to puke. Next thing you know, you've got a shiny new sports car sitting in your garage.

I am no fan of Saban, but I will say the following -

I'm sure a lot of recruits buy his schtick hook, line, and sinker...but at the same time, I think a lot of recruits (and/or their parents/guardians) are smart enough to understand the risk they are taking signing on with a total shark of a football coach. They do the math and realize that they have a really good shot of getting to play on a National Championship team at some point during their 4/5 year career.

It's like deciding to buy a sports car. Terrible gas mileage, tiny trunk, classified as a "deathtrap" on the NTSB's highway safety scale, and you'll need a second mortgage to pay the insurance. But it's red, fast, loud, and will make your a-hole brother in law so jealous he'll want to puke. Next thing you know, you've got a shiny new sports car sitting in your garage.

I actually love your analogy. But I'm also trying to convince my wife I need a Shelby GT500 in my garage.

Didn't Matt Roth himself call him something like a jerk, or made some statement about him...I thought I remembered seeing something about Roth saying Kirk has 1000x more class than that dude. I think Roth played for him in Miami?

Roth: Saban was a jerk - The Phinsider

Heres the Roth quote:

"The Saban guy left, which I couldn't be more happy about," he said. "I thought the guy was a jerk, and I didn't really like him, basically. The new guy (Cameron), I like a lot. He's a good guy, he's got a good philosophy and I think the team's going to rally around him and he's a good coach."

Latest posts