Rutgers sucks in football...has a ranked team in basketball game thread

My son, Kevin in Seattle

Sent me this email:

Go Hawks baby! Murray is going to be a beast. It was great to see this team find a way to win a tough physical battle on the road. As you said earlier, win all at home and as many as possible on the road. Great team win.

Dakich is a loudmouth blowhard that s**** his own **** on the air. It’s amazing. F him.
I’ll never forgive DD for his railing on Woody for the eye poke. While I think he does know this game, and does an ok job with what he provides, because of that shit, the dude is pure trash imo.

My son, Kevin in Seattle

Sent me this email:

Go Hawks baby! Murray is going to be a beast. It was great to see this team find a way to win a tough physical battle on the road. As you said earlier, win all at home and as many as possible on the road. Great team win.

Dakich is a loudmouth blowhard that s**** his own **** on the air. It’s amazing. F him.

I couldn't agree more. My love for Keegan grows each game. He does not act like a freshman on the court.

Iowa just beat a legit sweet 16 contender on their floor. What a win. Iowa solidifies itself as a top 10 team. There are about 1000 bad takes on this thread, it’s hard to judge if these are Iowa fans with these shit takes or if they are just trolls

What happens in the game thread stays in the game thread. Hot taeks is what we do in game threads, its not for the faint of heart.

It's called winning ugly. That's what good teams can do. Garza was good, Jbo had some big shots when we needed them, Murry was great off the bench, Weiskamp helped in spots. The only guy who looked totally lost was Nunge.

What happens in the game thread stays in the game thread. Hot taeks is what we do in game threads, its not for the faint of heart.
Ya know I get that and I’ll join in airing my frustrations. I don’t really take any issue with that kind of stuff. The “does Fran get fired?” take and “there’s nothing special about this team and we don’t have the guards to win at Rutgers” takes are bush and said by what I imagine is someone who doesn’t follow the game at all.

Ya know I get that and I’ll join in airing my frustrations. I don’t really take any issue with that kind of stuff. The “does Fran get fired?” take and “there’s nothing special about this team and we don’t have the guards to win at Rutgers” takes are bush and said by what I imagine is someone who doesn’t follow the game at all.
Dude, you are in a bad mood....IOWA WON!!!! Go slam a beer...or 2...or 12. :)

I say dumb shit in the game threads all the time, don't hold it against me.

Nice to see them win on the road against a really good team! Bohannon made some really clutch shots in the second half for the second straight game. Ulis and Perkins getting minutes was good and I hope that continues.

Also, what happened to Fryowa? He hasn't participated in the last two game threads which is very unlike him.

I couldn't agree more. My love for Keegan grows each game. He does not act like a freshman on the court.
Said in the postgame interview that the physical play doesn’t bother him at all because he’s been going against Garza since he arrived on campus.

It's called winning ugly. That's what good teams can do. Garza was good, Jbo had some big shots when we needed them, Murry was great off the bench, Weiskamp helped in spots. The only guy who looked totally lost was Nunge.
He was driving me crazy too. Then I saw he had 7 rebounds and 3 blocks. We needed both.

Nunge did look really awkward at times. However, during one stretch he 4 or 5 rebounds and 3or 4 blocked shots. Generally played good D. He has been away from basketball for two years. Be patient.

Trolls

Also, what happened to Fryowa? He hasn't participated in the last two game threads which is very unlike him.
I think he hinted he was going thru some personal shit here as of late. Either way he’s missed
I’m still here. My company and our office shuts down for two weeks at Christmas/NY and I typically don’t post much around that time. I spend a lot of time with my son, do a bunch of fishing, and take care of some projects, etc.

The personal stuff @InGoodCo mentioned was a few months ago around the start of the B1G season, had an uncle with tons of existing medical problems get sick with covid and went downhill pretty quick. Spent a lot of time on the road dealing with that.

Thanks for the concern, still here :)

I’m still here. My company and our office shuts down for two weeks at Christmas/NY and I typically don’t post much around that time. I spend a lot of time with my son, do a bunch of fishing, and take care of some projects, etc.

The personal stuff @InGoodCo mentioned was a few months ago around the start of the B1G season, had an uncle with tons of existing medical problems get sick with covid and went downhill pretty quick. Spent a lot of time on the road dealing with that.

Thanks for the concern, still here :)
Your uncle still doing better?

Your uncle still doing better?
He’s finally got another appt scheduled for a valve replacement and a procedure where they “un-kink” a blood vessel feeding his heart. I don’t know what the proper medical term for that procedure is.

As far the covid stuff, he’s tested negative now and positive for the antibodies. If there was anyone on the planet who I thought would 100% die from it it’d have been him. His doctors pretty much told him the same thing in a nice way.

He’s married to my mom’s sister (who is a raging, non-functional, shit your drawers [not kidding] alcoholic) and in the process of a divorce, selling a house, and moving back to the town I live in. You can’t imagine how difficult it is to sell a house when the other co-owner is blackout drunk 24/7 and going on a roller coaster from soiling herself one minute, threatening suicide the next, telling you she’ll sign the papers, and three days later refusing and not showing up for court and lawyer appts. I think the stress is gonna actually kill him here pretty quick if I don’t get him out of there and back in the same town where I can look after him. I'd do anything to get my mom back, but I'm glad she's not had to see this; it would have broken her heart big time.

So to answer your question, physically he’s doing better, mentally we’re working on it and it’s going to be ok in a few months. No other choice but to get better. The guy is one of my two best friends since I was born and I ain’t gonna see my mom’s sister put him six feet under. He's one of the smartest and funniest people I've ever met and this whole deal has been slowly running him through a meat grinder over the past 2 decades. His own kids have washed their hands of the situation (I don’t blame them one bit when I think about their childhoods) and I’m the only one he’s got. My parents are both dead, his own brothers don’t live anywhere near, and 25 years spent with someone who makes Otis from Mayberry look like Mr Rogers has pretty much destroyed every friendship and social acquaintance he had. His one fault in this thing has been the fact that he's too soft-hearted and always thought he could get her to quit. Several of us have told him for about the last 15 years to get out but he stays. I can't be mad at him though, no one knows what's going on in another person's head when they choose to live in that situation.

Thanks for asking about it, I appreciate it. I’d probably F it up, but being as I like to tell stories and I can spel pritty good I’ve even thought about writing a book about it. Dead serious...that's how fucked up and completely bonkers the last 20 years of his life and marriage has been. I could tell you stories that would turn your hair white.

Last edited:
He’s finally got another appt scheduled for a valve replacement and a procedure where they “un-kink” a blood vessel feeding his heart. I don’t know what the proper medical term for that procedure is.

As far the covid stuff, he’s tested negative now and positive for the antibodies. If there was anyone on the planet who I thought would 100% die from it it’d have been him. His doctors pretty much told him the same thing in a nice way.

He’s married to my mom’s sister (who is a raging, non-functional, shit your drawers [not kidding] alcoholic) and in the process of a divorce, selling a house, and moving back to the town I live in. You can’t imagine how difficult it is to sell a house when the other co-owner is blackout drunk 24/7 and going on a roller coaster from soiling herself one minute, threatening suicide the next, telling you she’ll sign the papers, and three days later refusing and not showing up for court and lawyer appts. I think the stress is gonna actually kill him here pretty quick if I don’t get him out of there and back in the same town where I can look after him. I'd do anything to get my mom back, but I'm glad she's not had to see this; it would have broken her heart big time.

So to answer your question, physically he’s doing better, mentally we’re working on it and it’s going to be ok in a few months. No other choice but to get better. The guy is one of my two best friends since I was born and I ain’t gonna see my mom’s sister put him six feet under. He's one of the smartest and funniest people I've ever met and this whole deal has been slowly running him through a meat grinder over the past 2 decades. His own kids have washed their hands of the situation (I don’t blame them one bit when I think about their childhoods) and I’m the only one he’s got. My parents are both dead, his own brothers don’t live anywhere near, and 25 years spent with someone who makes Otis from Mayberry look like Mr Rogers has pretty much destroyed every friendship and social acquaintance he had. His one fault in this thing has been the fact that he's too soft-hearted and always thought he could get her to quit. Several of us have told him for about the last 15 years to get out but he stays. I can't be mad at him though, no one knows what's going on in another person's head when they choose to live in that situation.

Thanks for asking about it, I appreciate it. I’d probably F it up, but being as I like to tell stories and I can spel pritty good I’ve even thought about writing a book about it. Dead serious...that's how fucked up and completely bonkers the last 20 years of his life and marriage has been. I could tell you stories that would turn your hair white.
Thinking about writing a book? Looks like you just did! :)

Latest posts