Running the Football

LG210

Did anyone else expect us to run the football a heck of a lot more in the second half (before we got way behind)?

I honestly thought that two-thirds of the plays would go to Weisman to start the second half.

DIDNT WE THROW 37 TIMES IN A ROW AT ONE POINT?!?

There should be a press release today that davis has been fired and we've hired a monkey smoking a cigarette in his place

good grief

Mark Weisman was averaging 7.8 yards per carry. He was wrecking face, Maryland had no answer. He should had had 25-30 carries.

According to Maryland's DBs, instead of running the ball, Iowa decided to run the same pass plays over and over again...hence the pick six. That makes you feel comfortable huh. Predictability...that's us...not consistency and execution...I believe predictability is what GD is after.

I thought the hammer could have had a huge day. I don't think they could have stopped him if we would have kept going to him. Big mistake on our part

According to JDM's podcast, After Weisman ran over the Maryland D for a TD in the second half, Iowa never called another run the rest of the day. Nearly 40 straight pass plays.

I just don't get what Iowa is trying to do offensively.:confused:

According to JDM's podcast, After Weisman ran over the Maryland D for a TD in the second half, Iowa never called another run the rest of the day. Nearly 40 straight pass plays.

Not sure either.

Once we got down 17, I guess we pretty much had to throw, but even when we were down 10, I couldn't believe we weren't running.

Oh well. Whatever. Nevermind.

THIRTY. SEVEN. PASSES. IN. A. ROWWWW.

Not 17 or 27.....3 frickin' 7.

Our coaches are morons but hey, they are all real nice fellas

That's a lot of passes in a row. A lot. One would think there may have been a 3rd and short in there somewhere.

That's a lot of passes in a row. A lot. One would think there may have been a 3rd and short in there somewhere.
Holy **** krik is just dumb.

Whatd he say yesterday at the presser? Something along the lines of: "the bottom line is we're playing better offensively..we did alot of great things yesterday."

WHAT? YOU DID WHAT WITH YOUR WHAT?!? What a gem krik is.... Just a big ol shiny gem

There were a few. One in particular that I recall as a 3rd and 4 in four down territory. I really couldn't understand why we didn't just run MW, twice if necessary, to pick up the first.... We really gave up on the running game.

Seriously? Crap. I didn't realize that.

MW was having success on the ground - 7.8 YPC. Definitely should've pounded the ball a little more. 10 carries? Pffft.

Whatever happened to the "scratch where it itches" philosophy? Oh wait... that was another coach. Where's Hayden Fry when you need him?

The Maryland defense had no answer for Weisman, and Canzeri was having a pretty nice go of it as well. This is a hard loss to accept. I'm not typically a big fan of "ground & pound", but that's what the doctor should have ordered for that game; particularly when their QB was out... just control the clock and slam it down their throats relentlessly. Mix a little play action in there to keep them honest - KOK would've delivered this game for us.

Latest posts