Running backs next year?

I had originally thought the Robinson would be the RB with the most carries this year. After re watching most of the games recently I think it will be Wegher. He seemed to run way tentatively last year. Not a knock on him, as he was probably had it beat into his head, don't fumble, don't fumble, don't fumble! This is going to lead to him being careful.

I think with a year in the program he will be bigger, stronger, and have a year of experience to go with that. I think he could be dangerous this year, especially when he realizes he doesn't have to go outside all the time, and starts hitting the inside holes (this is where Robinson is clearly better than Wegher).

Either way, I think we have a good problem for once, 3 RB with EXPERIENCE that we can all feel confident about when they line up each Saturday.

One thing not being mentioned, and I think is one of the biggest factors in who plays is: blocking. Since we are unsure of our OL, especially at the beginning of the season, I could easily see the best block getting the majority of the time to help out Stanzi and give him some time. When the OL gels, the mix of RB should change a bit. What does this mean . . . fans have no idea who #1 is.

EVERHAWK lives

And Paki O'Meara will kick a** again this year.

Iowa needs more Paki type of players that bust their butts and stay out of trouble. :)

I'm hoping Rogers is in the mix. Also, I would love to see Coe explode, though I realize the odds against that are fairly significant. Just like his size and slill set.

Don't discount Paki O'Meara. The fifth year senior will really surprise Iowa fans this year.

I don't think anyone will or needs to discount Paki- he does plenty well at discounting himself in the RB rotation by the end of week 1 every year.

I would say based on recent activity, it will be Robinson as the clear #1 with Hampton as the #2 and Wegher as #3/utility back. Unless their are injuries or other stuff that I am missing.

I should clarify that I still think at the end of the year, Hampton will have the most carries. Just has to work his way back up.

What recent activity would put AR a clear #1, Hampton #2, and Wegher #3?

#3 on your list had over 100 yards and a TD in their last game.........

I'm hoping Rogers is in the mix. Also, I would love to see Coe explode, though I realize the odds against that are fairly significant. Just like his size and slill set.

What?
You would love to see him explode at Edwardsville HS in Illinois, cause that is where he will be this year.

What?
You would love to see him explode at Edwardsville HS in Illinois, cause that is where he will be this year.

Well he did say the odds against that were fairly significant.

What?

I think he meant in the Spinal Tap drummer sense of the word. :)

Latest posts