Running Backs next season

ottoman89

How will they stack up? Some people think Jewel Hampton will be better than Shonn Greene was, and he very well may, but it hurt having him out this season ( looking at his future ).

How would you stack them up?

I'd say:

1A) Jewel Hampton
1B) Brandon Wegher
2) Adam Robinson
3) Jeff Brinson

Nice looking future, but what's everyones thoughts?

How will they stack up? Some people think Jewel Hampton will be better than Shonn Greene was, and he very well may, but it hurt having him out this season ( looking at his future ).

How would you stack them up?

I'd say:

1A) Jewel Hampton
1B) Brandon Wegher
2) Adam Robinson
3) Jeff Brinson

Nice looking future, but what's everyones thoughts?

Without knowing how well JH is rehabing I would put it like this:

1a)Adam Robinson
1b)Brandon Wegher
1c)Jewel Hampton

Don't know that it matters after that. If Brinson is healthy, and Hampton is back to his first season or better, then it could be allot different than I see now. There is also a young stub RB from Florida coming in too--so who knows. It's a nice problem to have though.

Coker is from Maryland, but he will likely RS. I think the Florida kid you're referring to is Johnson? I think he will RS too.

The coaches may look to move a running back to another position to get their best athletes on the field. I'm not saying this will happen. I saying it could happen.

Isn't this a great problem to have at Iowa? I am excited to see if Brinson gets a chance in preseason. Love Wegher but here is how I rank them.
1) hampton
2) Robinson ( a great back-up)
3) Brinson ( unproven )
4) Wegher (love that kid)

None the less a great backfield. All recruits have a lot to step up too after that win. Looking forward to it!

What makes people think Brinson will be ahead of Wegher??? As far as we knew he was healthy at beginning of year and while Wegher put 100 plus on ISU, Brinson got scrub duties, what makes you think this will change???

Isn't this a great problem to have at Iowa? I am excited to see if Brinson gets a chance in preseason. Love Wegher but here is how I rank them.
1) hampton
2) Robinson ( a great back-up)
3) Brinson ( unproven )
4) Wegher (love that kid)

None the less a great backfield. All recruits have a lot to step up too after that win. Looking forward to it!
1) hampton
2) Robinson
3) Brinson
4) Rogers
Wegher becomes a wr or db

1) hampton
2) Robinson
3) Brinson
4) Rogers
Wegher becomes a wr or db

I thought Brandon played pretty well towards the end of the season and certainly was key last night. Not sure how he drops out of the top 2/3. Brinson or Rogers will have to play markedly better to bump him, seems to me.

While it looks now like the cupboard is overflowing, if you've been around Iowa football long enough you know that even five good RBs may not be enough by the end of the season.

I think they will go with a two headed running back. Hampton will be the 1st and 2nd down back and Brandon will be a third down back. Scrap all that lets just go wish bone and get tons of attention for being tops the nation for rushing with a unique throw back style!!!

The coaches may look to move a running back to another position to get their best athletes on the field. I'm not saying this will happen. I saying it could happen.

Ed and Dolph kind of mentioned this last night in the postgame when Eddie was saying Kirk and the staff always like to get the best players on the field but with Iowa's running back history........I don't think I'd jump the gun on that just yet. :cool:

I can easily see BW as the third-down back and moving him all of the field as a slot/receiver. I think you may see Iowa put in some creative packages next year with their new found depth at the position...presuming they all come back healthy and can compete.

I also think/hope you may see some of Brinson and Rogers at fullback or in two back sets where that position actually occasionally sees the ball.

Don't forget that Coker is on their heels starting this summer.

I wonder if Rogers/Brinson have any experience at linebacker/safety?

I can see the staff putting wegher in the slot with all that speed. kind of a tim dwightish thing. If he's half the slotback TD was we'll be in great shape. I think he's too fast to leave off the field, plus add 10 lbs. of muscle this summer. BEAST!!!

I think he's too fast to leave off the field, plus add 10 lbs. of muscle this summer. BEAST!!!

With the added muscle that he will get it will also benifit his ability to break tackles. So my question is....what if he hops Jewell? IMO i think that he could handle about 15-20 carries a game...Man, i'm just excited for next year already...so much defense,and a lot of experiance all over the place...man..ITS GONA BE AMAZING!!!

I don't see how you can rank them any other way.
1. Wegher/Robinson
2. Hampton
3. Brinson/Rogers

And I wouldn't look for it to be any different coming out of Spring ball. KF will utilize the Summer to allow JH to get comfort and strength back while not risking potential re-injuring of the knee. Just the way I see it.

Latest posts