Rundown w/ Full List of Attendees for Junior Day

Iowa will be playing host to some of its top recruiting targets Sunday when it holds a junior day on campus:

LINK

Thanks for the painstaking effort.......it is appreciated. May not be remembering well but sure seems like the largest group I've seen in any prior year for this similar event.

The name that stood out to me was LB Dillon Doyle, Coach Doyle's son. If he's anything like his old man...

I saw him play several times this year when I was out scouting Oliver Martin. He's an interesting prospect. Stands out on defense as a LB. Also could see him developing at TE. He's long and athletic.

Thanks for the painstaking effort.......it is appreciated. May not be remembering well but sure seems like the largest group I've seen in any prior year for this similar event.

:) You're welcome. My memory isn't great but this is a large group for a junior day, for sure.

I saw him play several times this year when I was out scouting Oliver Martin. He's an interesting prospect. Stands out on defense as a LB. Also could see him developing at TE. He's long and athletic.

I saw his Hudl video and he has some pretty nice hit and for tackles on there. Looked pretty vicious. Was listed on there as an OLB, but I see other places have him as TE/OLB.

Downing will be a tough get. His HS coach was an assistant under Rhoads. On top of growing up in clown territory and the storm brewing out west.

Rob, you think we might see some commits after Jr day?

I was thinking about that this morning when I reviewed the list.

I'm not sure that any of the visitors with offers are ready to commit yet. If I had to pick a couple, though, I'd probably go with Samson Evans and Dashon Bussell.

Would be great to get a commit or two but getting in early with great visits is key to maybe get a number of these guys in summer. Hope the new coaches really impress these young men.

What excites me about the list is the fact that there are so many out of state kids. Even if they are mainly Midwest kids, they are still traveling in on their own dime. That is exciting.

Huge question marks:
Missouri program
Illinois program
Minnesota program
Iowa State program
Nebraska program

Of the states that border Iowa only Wisky has more to offer.
Should clean-up this recruiting cycle.

More to offer and should clean up are pretty subjective phrases. I don't see any seismic recruiting results taking place unless we have a very good year on the field. Hopefully some new blood on the staff will assist in paying dividends on the recruiting front. Like most any year our results on the field drive recruit's interest in our program. It also applies to the other programs you listed.......their success (even if short term) could slow ours.

Have seen nothing captured or reported from anyone on T. Downing's visit this last weekend. Did he make it?

Latest posts