Rudock?

WDMHAWKEYE

Sorry but I don't spend enough time on message boards to tell what is false information compared to true information.

Is he not working out with the team?
Transferring?
No chance he is still with the team next year?

According to Mark Morehouse of the CR Gazette, Rudock is using the training facilities, but is not participating in any team activities whatsoever.

Pretty much signals to me that he's planning on transferring once he graduates in May. The interesting thing is what he does over the spring. Will he participate in spring ball? Or announce just before spring ball that he's transferring?

Spider, I'm betting he won't participate in spring ball and the announcement that he will transfer will come sometime in the next 3-4 weeks. It might not even be for sure where he's going at this point. I think it would be a tremendous waste of time to have him taking any snaps with even the 2nd or 3rd stringers. We need the young guys to get those reps.

What will the reason be for him not participating in spring ball? Transferring? Injury? Concentrating on studies?

If he really isn't participating in team activities, then isn't this a team rules violation? Shouldn't kfootball suspend him from the team; therefore, not allowing him to use Iowa's facilities to stay physically ready for his "next" school?

Spider, I'm betting he won't participate in spring ball and the announcement that he will transfer will come sometime in the next 3-4 weeks. It might not even be for sure where he's going at this point. I think it would be a tremendous waste of time to have him taking any snaps with even the 2nd or 3rd stringers. We need the young guys to get those reps.

With this time line, 3-4 weeks, it seems he would miss spring practice, ergo, really hinder his potential for substantial playing time......or, not?

From the Michigan side of things. They're saying both Rudock and UM want him to come there. That there is some tie up with compliance. Even if the UM thing falls through I can't imagine a likely scenario where he stays at Iowa. He obviously wants to leave and it's aid he's not working out with the team.

If he really isn't participating in team activities, then isn't this a team rules violation? Shouldn't kfootball suspend him from the team; therefore, not allowing him to use Iowa's facilities to stay physically ready for his "next" school?

Depends what their "rules" are. They may have to be considered "voluntary" this time of year thus no grounds for school to suspend him. My guess is he'll go through spring as the #2 and then after he graduates in May see ya later.... Is that how Russell Wilsons deal went?

Depends what their "rules" are. They may have to be considered "voluntary" this time of year thus no grounds for school to suspend him. My guess is he'll go through spring as the #2 and then after he graduates in May see ya later.... Is that how Russell Wilsons deal went?

I don't know about Wilson.

But even if they are voluntary workouts, he isn't working out with his teammates but he's still working out? Does anyone know if these workouts are or are not voluntary?

But do they have local insight? Or is it just their hunch or the feedback from their comments section.

I don't know about Wilson.

But even if they are voluntary workouts, he isn't working out with his teammates but he's still working out? Does anyone know if these workouts are or are not voluntary?

As I remember it, Wilson had told NCSU staff he planned to play minor league ball during the summer, so they named another guy as the starter, so Wilson graduated and said, "Bye, guys".