Rudock talking to Miami?

I don't like that it sounds like the dad is trying to sway him. Seems like papa is meddling in JR's business. I hope that if Iowa does hold on to this kid, it doesn't turn out like the last QB named Jake. Although it does sound like there is a world of difference in the skill sets, so I'm sure the kid will be okay, this situation just seems a little familiar.

If his decision comes before this weekend and Iowa is not in the plans, anyone think Iowa would/could give a push to Cardale Jones? Iowa still sits on his list and he still has the offer.

Cardale Jones - Yahoo! Sports

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihFDhKoFoGo]YouTube - Cardale Jones Highlights[/ame]

I don't like that it sounds like the dad is trying to sway him. Seems like papa is meddling in JR's business. I hope that if Iowa does hold on to this kid, it doesn't turn out like the last QB named Jake. Although it does sound like there is a world of difference in the skill sets, so I'm sure the kid will be okay, this situation just seems a little familiar.
His dad is not trying to meddle too much. He is doing what he should do and give UM a nice thanks but no thanks. His dad is one of the best lawyers in Miami and he loved the visit to Iowa and I think that is where Jake ends up. I have followed this kid all year and his HS coach loves KF and the way Iowa prepares players. I am concerned alittle, but I would be in shock if he bolts for the U. This is a classy kid and a classy family.

I was on the UM board this afternoon and the U is going after no less than 4 QB's. They have guys decommitting all over the place and they only have 12 commits right now. I also read where George Smith, who I have personally met, tells his players that if they make a committment to follow through with it. Al Golden is trying anything he can to get quality players on campus. Don't believe anything you hear coming out of S. Florida because their fans are more fanatical than our fans.

Why does "Al Golden" just sound like a weasel-name to me? It will not be good to lose this kid. But it would be hard to pass up playing for the hometown team.

I don't pretend to read the tea leaves on this situation but this could all be put to an end, I suspect, if Jake told the Miami coaches thanks for your interest but no thanks I have made my final decision and I would ask that I not be contacted anymore from this point forward.

I would suspect this hasn't happened or this would not be dragging out as it is being reported by some.

A school's proximity to a recruit's backyard is often the trump card in these scenarios.......hopefully it won't play out this way this time.

Scouts front page article says Rudock staying committed to Iowa.
I hope that is true. In college football you never know. I have a feeling Jakes dad just wanted to show his loyalty to Miami but in the end he is happy Jake will be at a better institution. One more week to wait and see.

If his decision comes before this weekend and Iowa is not in the plans, anyone think Iowa would/could give a push to Cardale Jones? Iowa still sits on his list and he still has the offer.

Cardale Jones - Yahoo! Sports

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihFDhKoFoGo]YouTube - Cardale Jones Highlights[/ame]

I really hope Ruddock doesn't flip to Miami. I'd hate to be stuck with this Jones kid. Probably won't play for a few years.

I really hope Ruddock doesn't flip to Miami. I'd hate to be stuck with this Jones kid. Probably won't play for a few years.
Yeah Jones would be a terrible fit for Iowa. He throws the ball down the field too much. Just too flashy. We need a game manager here at Iowa.

Nice thread-zerection.... You realize this thread is from 2011?
582x386px-LL-47e8dbce_Point_over_your_head1.jpeg

Nice thread-zerection.... You realize this thread is from 2011?
Just thumbs up everybody cam. it's funny. the thread title got me right away but i learned long time ago to check original date because somebody is bumping it for a purpose. this is a good bump.

Cardale Jones? From Where Eagle's Dare?

Last edited by a moderator:
So he goes there. No guarantee he beats out the Kaya kid next year. That kid has some game. I will say this Ruddock probably executed KF's crap game plan to perfection and now that has him riding the pine. I blame this as much on KF as anyone else.

Latest posts