Rudock talking to Miami?

spliff45

Rivals has a ticker article with the headline "Rudock final decision coming 'very soon'."
Ugh...I really hope we don't lose this kid.

Rivals has a ticker article with the headline "Rudock final decision coming 'very soon'."
Ugh...I really hope we don't lose this kid.
Rudock has made his final decision. IOWA! You have a site that is lame to say the least. This has been rehashed in the S. Florida papers for the last two weeks. Rudock, his teammates and his dad have all stood by the fact that Jake is solid with the Hawks.

I don't like the looks of this at all. I hate to say but I bet he flips and stays home. Too much pressure from fellow players and family.

Signing day could not get here any quicker. I want to stay positive about this but damn it doesn't sound good.

Was surfing around for Miami related info and came across this on a fan board (miami-hurricanes.com), fwiw:

Unable so far to sway St. Thomas Aquinas’ Jake Rudock to switch his commitment from Iowa, UM has made a major push in the past few days for Dwyer (Palm Beach Gardens) quarterback Jacoby Brissett, rated by rivals.com as the nation’s No. 3 dual-threat quarterback. Brissett (32 touchdowns, one interception last season) met with new UM offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch “and Jacoby was impressed,” Dwyer coach Jack Daniels said. “He didn’t consider Miami until the new staff was hired.’’ Daniels said Brissett can run a pro style offense well and will choose among UM, UF, Wisconsin and Washington.

Besides also recruiting Orlando-area quarterback/Wake Forest oral commitment Kevin Sousa, UM called the high school coach of Tom Savage to express interest in the 2008 high school All-American quarterback who is transferring from Rutgers, according to his father. “Tom likes Miami. They have a great coaching staff,” Savage Sr. said. But his son cannot speak with schools until Rutgers grants written permission. UF, FSU and Michigan were among others who called Savage’s coach.

Read more: Former GMs chime in on Miami Dolphins’ quarterback situation - Sports Buzz - MiamiHerald.com

< Message edited by phinscanes1 -- 1/22/2011 9:58:57 PM >

Sounds like they are just trying to get comfotable with the idea of switching their commitment to Miami. Frankly it seems like its a matter of when and not if we lose this kid.

I heard that Iowa Commits were being told by all schools that their towns have bigger mopeds and smaller trucks with more one way streets and fewer turn lanes. Might be enough to sway me!

From that PC article it's fairly clear where his dad wishes he had gone, not that I blame him, but it's kind of late in the game to be switching now. I think Rudock stays with Iowa. If Golden had started recruiting him six months ago, I think he would have clearly gone to Miami.

Of course even though I think Rudock will honor his commitment to Iowa, he may take a walk on the beach this week along with his thoughts and by the end of it decide he wants to be a Hurricane. You could make more money betting on the weather in Iowa than on a young recruit's decision in a situation like this, that's why it's better to only get excited about recruits after signing day is over :)

I am sure Kirk knows where he is going since he just had an in home visit with him not long ago...

and seriously when a kid tells a coach no why doesn't a coach learn to back the f off and leave it alone...

Word seems to be that this may be just a PC way for the Rudock's to let the home team off the hook. They have to know that it would be a huge slap in the face to Ferentz and Co if they pulled the plug at the last minute, and I think they have grown quite a good relationship with Kirk and Ken. Kirk was just down there last Tuesday for his at home visit and from all accounts it sounded like a good visit. I'm sure Kirk has to be aware of any wavering on Jake's part if there was any and he would be taking appropriate action by getting in Jake's ear more or shifting focus to another QB. I'm really hoping that this is just Jake and his dad trying to make the home team feel good about themselves while still keeping Jake committed to Iowa.

I think Iowa has made a huge commitment to Jake by not going after anymore QBs. Jake and family see that, hopefully, and know that Iowa wants Jake and not just some high profile QB with a star ranking next to his name. If I was his father I would point that out. If you choose Iowa, Miami will just move onto 1 of the 4 other QBs they are telling the same story they are telling you currently. If you leave Iowa, you leave them with nothing and nobody else because they only wanted you. I would also point out as his father while I am a seaosn ticket holder nobody knows what will transpire during the Golden era at Miami. You have a sure thing and stability in Iowa. I think at the end of the day the Ruddocks have a plan for their son and I hope thath they feel that plan will be taken care of best in Iowa.

From what I understand about Ruddock's family, this doesn't seem like something they would pride themselves on doing. I think he stays with the Hawks. Would be extremely disappointed to see him switch.

He should what he feels is best for him.

Giving a courtesy call to his home university doesn't make a lot of sense. Barnes and Paige sure didn't give Iowa the time of day.

Latest posts