RPIs this week: Drake-210, Iowa-245, Southern - 250

The basketball geniuses may want to be careful with the Drake sucks stuff.
See the Gopher score. Medved can coach.

Did I say that....that Fran should have his teams every year in? We are evaluating year 8 based on where we should be in terms of what was recruited/or not recruited/what we have returning/schedule/etc. All things considered, imho, we are underachieving in year 8.

What you said insinuated that either they should make it every year, or for some reason there was something special about year 8. I simply asked which one you meant.

You say we are underachieving in year 8, which is true. But every single established program underachieves during random seasons. No program is immune to underachieving seasons. I don't think which season we are in is relevant anymore.

What you said insinuated that either they should make it every year, or for some reason there was something special about year 8. I simply asked which one you meant.

No I did not in terms of them making it every year. Did not say that. Again, and not to belabor the point:), year 8 is being evaluated on where we should be in terms of what was recruited/or not recruited/what we have returning/schedule/etc. All things considered, imho, we are underachieving in year 8.

No I did not in terms of them making it every year. Did not say that. Again, and not to belabor the point:), year 8 is being evaluated on where we should be in terms of what was recruited/or not recruited/what we have returning/schedule/etc. All things considered, imho, we are underachieving in year 8.

Ok so you mean that pre season you didn't think we would miss the tourney? I agree with that. I thought you were saying you don't think a coach should be missing the tourney in his 8th year here. Sorry for the confusion but that has been said a lot around here it it cracks me up?

Ok so you mean that pre season you didn't think we would miss the tourney? I agree with that. I thought you were saying you don't think a coach should be missing the tourney in his 8th year here. Sorry for the confusion but that has been said a lot around here it it cracks me up?

Yes, I mean on pre-season expectations. But, I do find it a bit troubling in year 8 we are not more ahead than we are.

Yes, I mean on pre-season expectations. But, I do find it a bit troubling in year 8 we are not more ahead than we are.

But that's the thing that bugs me. We were ahead of where we are now in year 4,5,6,and 7 so all this is is a down year which every team has. We aren't where we are now due to how long Fran has been here. We are where we are because we are having a down year like everyone else has. The only time it would make sense to say "I find it troubling we aren't more ahead in year 8" is if year 8 was our peak. When we were already further ahead in previous years, that statement makes no sense.

Latest posts