RPI Top 50 and 51-100

H8IAST8

We all know how close ISU is to the top 50 and Nebby to the top 100. The opposite is true for some of our Bubble competition.

St. Marys could easily go from 6 RPI 51-100 wins to 2.

90 Santa Clara
90 Santa Clara
98 Utah St
100 Harvard

That would only give them 3 RPI 100 wins. BYU twice and Creighton. No way they get in with that.

I think this is an important lesson in the fact that RPI really is intended to be used as an end-of-season metric only. A lot can change still and all that matters is the end snapshot that the committee will see.

I think this is an important lesson in the fact that RPI really is intended to be used as an end-of-season metric only. A lot can change still and all that matters is the end snapshot that the committee will see.

I agree, the problem i have is the value of a RPi 49 win is exponetially better than the value of a RPI 51 win. Since the Committee will see X wins vs RPI top 50 X wins vs. RPI 100. Sure they will be able to see the wins vs RPI 51, but the inital comparison with another bubble team will not show that.

I agree, the problem i have is the value of a RPi 49 win is exponetially better than the value of a RPI 51 win. Since the Committee will see X wins vs RPI top 50 X wins vs. RPI 100. Sure they will be able to see the wins vs RPI 51, but the inital comparison with another bubble team will not show that.

Absolutely, this might be reason #27 on a long list of "Why the RPI is outdated".

We all know how close ISU is to the top 50 and Nebby to the top 100. The opposite is true for some of our Bubble competition.

90 Santa Clara
90 Santa Clara
98 Utah St
100 Harvard

That would only give them 3 RPI 100 wins. BYU twice and Creighton. No way they get in with that.
Even with those four "quality wins" :rolleyes: the discussion about St. Mary's should last this long:

Committee member: "St. Mary's?"

pregnant pause...

Committee member: "Okay, next.

90 Santa Clara
90 Santa Clara
98 Utah St
100 Harvard

Santa Clara drops to 102. St marys went from 6 rpi 100 wins to 3 in 24 hours

Well we have shown we can play with anyone so why are we limited to the thinking of win one or two in the BTT? Why are we are we not thinking win the whole damn thing and remove all doubt? Just sayin

Oregon may drop out of the top 50 taking 2 RPI top 50 wins away from Cal and Colorado. Oregon is down 10 to a bad Utah team

USC falls out of the RPI 100. This will take 2 RPI 100 wins away from Cal, and 1 from Colorado, 1 from Minnesota, 1 from San Diego St, 1 from Illinois

Latest posts